Author Topic: Boots for drag racing  (Read 830 times)

Offline cbr954

• Hot Shot
Boots for drag racing
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »
Bike is getting close to ready for the track but I need some boots.  My local track only specifies hard boots-no tennis shoes.  What is everyone using and any places that sells them reasonably?
03 CBR954RR, 72 750 chopper(970cc
F2 head), 2017 CRF450R, 2001 CR250R, 72 CB500, 79 XR250, 04 CRF50,70's soon to be rebuilt cb750 drag bike.

Online dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re: Boots for drag racing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 11:25:40 pm »
Bike is getting close to ready for the track but I need some boots.  My local track only specifies hard boots-no tennis shoes.  What is everyone using and any places that sells them reasonably?

Do not buy the Simpson Sprint car boots. Although they look good, are light weight and cheap, they offer no real protection if you go down. I have purchased several sets but got wise before i had to test them for safety. Bates make several type boots just for dragracing. Fastlane comes to mind. SIDI makes decent stuff for dragracing also. Just get something that will protect your ankle and will not come off easily. AMA Pro Star issued a rule about no boots with laces when they were in business. The idea was the laces could get caught in something. Heck, i just tucked them inside the dang boot and kept going. I have some steel toe'd work boots myself. They Work best for my feet when kick starting the Honda. I've even bought cheap boot from Walmart in a pinch.

Again, protect the ankle and be sure they won't come off easily.