Author Topic: Original Russ Collins famous dual engine Honda on Dragbike.com  (Read 1564 times)

Offline hotdog

• Hot Shot
Not mine - should generate some interest. Will post in both HP section and for sale section.
Original Russ Collins famous dual engine Honda on Dragbike.com
http://sell.dragbike.com/detail.asp?id=2703&n=original-russ-collins--famous-dual-engine-honda
Instagram - LUMPY CAM MOTORCYCLES
FB - LUMPY CAM Motorcycles

Offline gschuld

• Master
Re: Original Russ Collins famous dual engine Honda on Dragbike.com
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:32:57 am »
Still trying to sell it...  interesting that he did not post here again... he knows we are here.

Perhaps Russ Jr would like to comment on this one.  We both(and several others here as well) have contacted him several times in the past and have come up short in getting the answers/information needed to authenticate his bike.  RC Engineering sold a number of double engine frames, double engine rollers, double engine "kits", parts and pieces of whatever parts you wanted, but they sold VERY few complete turn key double engine dragbikes to the public during the 1973-1974 time period where the early double engine bikes were still using the rear factory transmission.   The Vance and Hines double changed all that.   

I have my assumptions, but as Jim holds firm that he has all the documentation necessary to prove the bike's turn key built by RC Engineering origin, I'd just like to kindly ask him to present some of it, if only to Russ Jr.  It would certainly help sell his bike, so he has a good reason to do it.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,118723.msg1342090.html#msg1342090

George
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:41:35 am by gschuld »

Offline Bill/BentON Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ex Honda Service Manager, Cert. Honda Tech - Racer
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:25:23 am »
+1, put Ed Heil owner at one time in touch with Russ Jr, was as George stated, balls in their court, Bill
BentON Racing Website
OEM Parts | Service | Custom Builds
BentON Racing Facebook
Over 35 years of experience working on vintage motorcycles, with a speciality in Honda SOHC/4 with a focus on the CB750 and other models as well from 1966 - 1985.
1993 HRC RS125 | 1984 NS400R | 1974 Honda CB750/836cc (Calendar Girl) | 1972 CB 500/550 Yoshi Kitted 590cc | 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber | 1972 Suzuki T350 | 1973 88cc | Z50/Falcons Pit Bike | 1967 CA100| 1974 CB350 (400F motor)...and more.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:55:44 pm »
If you bought that bike in OHIO you would need two titles for both engines to get the titles in your name = with out a title or titles in OHIO if you buy this bike then they [ 0HIO STATE HIGHWAY PATROL ] consider it stolen.  My friend bought a BUSA MOTOR off of a guy at the track [ In OHIO ] and then latter the owner of a stolen BUSA saw the add for that motor on e-bay and turned it into the police IN OHIO = my friend lost the money and needed a attorney to stay out of jail, guy got the motor back but bike was never found.