Author Topic: Keihin 69A Carb jets - CB550 engine  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Wulfie

Keihin 69A Carb jets - CB550 engine
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:10 am »
Morning,
Got my Keihins in about a thousand bits at the moment, and looking to re jet the carbs to accommodate slash cut headers and pod filters, which were in situ on the bike when I bought it last week,  I have removed the standard jets (no wonder it was running like a bag of Sh@t) and done some rough calculations and decided that I need 115 main jets, and 40 pilot jets, which is fine apart form the fact that Honda has discontinued all main jets over 100 so they are not available from regular sources, I know I can do the ebay thing and look for them, but I have 2 questions before I go to lengths to get the jets,

Does the calculation sound right for the main jets and pilots from standard 98's and 40's ? ( I have seen the posts and info on the forum and used them to calculate, just wondered if anyone had other ideas)

Does anyone know of a supplier , preferably in the UK where I could get the jets I need ?

Many Thanks

Chris

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:44:34 am by Wulfie »

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
Re: Keihin 69A Carb jets - CB550 engine
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:55:54 am »
Welcome

try talking to these guys:

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk

you might get more traction to your post in  the general forum rather than here BTW

cheers

TG

Offline Wulfie

Re: Keihin 69A Carb jets - CB550 engine
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:48:27 am »
Thanks, much appreciated, sorry brand new here I'm still learning  ;D I'll give them a shout