Author Topic: North Carolina roll call?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Loctite77

• Just a redneck in hipster clothes
North Carolina roll call?
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:25:54 pm »
Hey everyone. Is there anyone in the NC area? I am in the center, Winston-Salem. Looking to meet up with some other members.

Anyone going to the Bull City Rumble in Durham next weekend?
Yeah Son!

Offline mrfish2

• I might be a
  • Hot Shot
Re: North Carolina roll call?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:00:24 am »
I'm in Raleigh, we had Capital City Bike Fest a couple weeks ago during that big rain storm.
1976 CB550K            1979 XS1100
1980 CB650C - Sold

It's a little motor and likes having the tits revved off it.

Offline throttlectrl

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »
Cary CB750K6

Offline markmyodb

• Honda owner since 1969. 19 Honda motorcyles, cars, and lawn mowers through the years!
  • Enthusiast
  • Always looking for SOHC people to ride with in NC
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 04:17:50 am »
To Bump this thread up.

I'm in the Siler City area, hoping the Bull City Run will come off in 2021!

I am restoring my CB750K6 Engine parts are at Cycle exchange in Wisconsin, I have found a good backyard vapor blaster who has don a nice job on the cases, and an excellent job on the carburetors.

Anyone else a Member of VJMC group?  We go to their events, when they are not canceled by the virus.
I tell my wife the motorcycles are an investment...

CB550K1: 1975
CB750K6: 1976

Offline csantelle

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 01:45:05 am »
To Bump this thread up.

I'm in the Siler City area, hoping the Bull City Run will come off in 2021!

I am restoring my CB750K6 Engine parts are at Cycle exchange in Wisconsin, I have found a good backyard vapor blaster who has don a nice job on the cases, and an excellent job on the carburetors.

Anyone else a Member of VJMC group?  We go to their events, when they are not canceled by the virus.

Hope this finds its way to you after 2 months of stagnation...NC crew is slacking!

I’m in the Raleigh area - fingers crossed on the Bull City Rumble ‘21. I went later on Sunday last year so I missed most of the fun but seems like a cool event.

I’m not a VJMC member but should check it out. I haven’t really found many people on old bikes to ride or talk shop with near me but that may be from lack of trying on my end.

Offline clayherget

• you meet the nicest people on a honda
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 11:02:12 am »
I'm in Raleigh and rebuilding a 77 cb550.  Never done it before so I am hoping that not only do they have the bull city rumble but that I'll have my bike ready when they do.

Offline markmyodb

• Honda owner since 1969. 19 Honda motorcyles, cars, and lawn mowers through the years!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 03:11:44 am »

Hope this finds its way to you after 2 months of stagnation...NC crew is slacking!

I’m in the Raleigh area - fingers crossed on the Bull City Rumble ‘21. I went later on Sunday last year so I missed most of the fun but seems like a cool event.

I’m not a VJMC member but should check it out. I haven’t really found many people on old bikes to ride or talk shop with near me but that may be from lack of trying on my end.

Hi csantelle

I am continuing to restore my CB750 with hopes to have it de-bugged by summer. should be running in about a month. after that a road trip in the RV will delay till July. I've been riding the 550 in the mean time.

I won't be able to make the VJMC event in Gettysburg this year due to scheduling conflict. Hope to get to the Barber Vintage event in October.  Usually a bunch of members there.

Is there a vintage bike meeting place in the area? When I lived in Matthews there were a couple of places that had monthly ride in nights.  Some pretty nice machines would show up.

Offline markmyodb

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 07:57:27 pm »
Hey NC

if you know of any vintage bike events meetups in the triad, post it here.