Author Topic: Things that pi*s you off even though you know it shouldn't  (Read 5407 times)

Angry Chair

Re: Things that pi*s you off even though you know it shouldn't
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 04:05:02 pm »
ic4455,its not northerner,its yankee.

Anyone north of Houston is  a yankee and one south is a mexican.  ;D Mexican Terry?  ??? ::)

TheGenuineThing

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 05:31:12 pm »
....and he said "I sawed him ran donda stree bean chased by da PO-LEASE.  Den da amba-lance driva come up to me an axed me if I sawed da ho ting".   ::)

And some people wonder why they have a hard time finding jobs and being successful.

I'd expect that kind of thing from a northerner ::) 

That's not even a Southern accent, seems more like Italian, looks like Breeze thinks it's Italian, too (ay yi yi) ;D 
Sono stato inseguito dalla polizia perché il mio motociclo era troppo veloce.

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2006, 06:53:25 pm »

Anyone north of Houston is  a yankee and one south is a mexican.  ;D Mexican Terry?  ??? ::)

Whoa, there, scooter!  Anyone north of Houston a Yankee?  I can think of at least 5 states that would take issue with that ;)  Welcome to the forum!

(let the hazing begin)  ;D

Offline firecracker

• At being Shameless, I'm an
  • Expert
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 06:45:03 am »
As an old boss of mine used to say:

I was twelve years old before I knew 'Damn Yankee' was two words.

;D

For the record, I'm originally from Illinois - SOUTHERN Illinois.  If you can't tell the difference, you've never been there...   ;)
Life is like a game of cards.  The hand you are dealt represents determinism.  The way you play it is free will.
  -  Jawaharal Nehru

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 07:32:52 am »

Whoa, there, scooter!  Anyone north of Houston a Yankee?  I can think of at least 5 states that would take issue with that ;)  Welcome to the forum!

(let the hazing begin)  ;D
he doesnt know any better,after all he is from texas
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline gregwaits

• Hot Shot
  • Damn, riding a CB750 sure is fun!
    • waits music
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 08:48:27 am »
Wow, after reading every one of the posts in this thread, I can say I relate.

Grammatically, it is the mispronounced words that chap my cheeks. For instance, when people say "ekcetara" instead of the correct "etcetera" (etc) Or the more common "Let me axe you something" Say WHAT? Why are people so damned lazy that they can't bother to try and speak correctly. If they tried, they would succeed. I guess they just don't care that people around them view them as morons.

Traffic peeves? People who seem incapable of respecting the solid lines painted on the pavement. Drivers that can't seem to be patient enough to wait until the solid line ends before merging onto the freeway. WHat makes them special? As soon as they cross said solid line, they floor it and race ahead of all the drivers who were ahead of them, politely and legally waiting their turn to merge. Grrrr!!

People who think that the "10 items or less" sign doesn't apply to them. They will have close to 20 things in the basket and they have the balls to use that line anyway. If you say anything to the offender, suddenly you are the jerk. What's wrong with that picture?

Meanwhile, grannie is standing behind the offender, holding maybe 2 items. Does the a-hole yield his position to the old lady? No way! He is in much too big of a hurry to get back into traffic where he can piss me off!!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 08:52:13 am by gregwaits »
1978 CB750K8; 1970 CB450

Offline GoatBaSS

• Could someone find an
  • Expert
  • To weird to live, to rare to die.
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 11:43:22 am »
Yanqui, it is Mahnnaahs. It is just a sign of good upbringing. ;D
Leethal # 3046?
1972 CB750K/900CC Red Headed Dunstall, 1975CB750FSS Gone BNF: 1974CB500T, 1976CB750K X 2

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 04:55:13 pm »
thisgs that p*ss me off...
neighbors whom leave fallen trees sticking out into the road.
Forgetting my raingear at home and riding 45 minutes in a downpour
with snowflakes interspaced...
People on bikes that pass me on the right on a two lane road
Rain
Snow
Regular cars with "police lights"

Punks in a car whom have their car smashed with a chain repeatly
before they understand they really HAVE p*ssed me off...
rant over
peace,
michel
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:51 pm »
1. People who have to buy a whole assortment of lottery tickets ahead of you in line when you are in a hurry.
2. People who can not park what they own ( I parralell park a damn trailer so I do not know what some peoples problem is)
3. Stupid people in positions of power.
Contact me for affordable rotor drilling services at $55 each rotor. Same day service on CB750/CB500/CB550 rotors. Next day on everything else.

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 07:11:03 pm »
Wow, after reading every one of the posts in this thread, I can say I relate.

Grammatically, it is the mispronounced words that chap my cheeks. For instance, when people say "ekcetara" instead of the correct "etcetera" (etc) Or the more common "Let me axe you something" Say WHAT? Why are people so damned lazy that they can't bother to try and speak correctly. If they tried, they would succeed. I guess they just don't care that people around them view them as morons.

Traffic peeves? People who seem incapable of respecting the solid lines painted on the pavement. Drivers that can't seem to be patient enough to wait until the solid line ends before merging onto the freeway. WHat makes them special? As soon as they cross said solid line, they floor it and race ahead of all the drivers who were ahead of them, politely and legally waiting their turn to merge. Grrrr!!

People who think that the "10 items or less" sign doesn't apply to them. They will have close to 20 things in the basket and they have the balls to use that line anyway. If you say anything to the offender, suddenly you are the jerk. What's wrong with that picture?

Meanwhile, grannie is standing behind the offender, holding maybe 2 items. Does the a-hole yield his position to the old lady? No way! He is in much too big of a hurry to get back into traffic where he can piss me off!!  ;D

;D

And what about folks who use the word "IDEAL" incorrectly?  A friend of mine always does it.  Example:
"I have a great ideal"  Meaning IDEA of course, but says IDEAL.  I know that at times the two words are interchangeable, such as in the realm of Philosophy, but not all the time.

Offline GoatBaSS

• Could someone find an
  • Expert
  • To weird to live, to rare to die.
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2006, 07:43:27 pm »
Suposubly :D ;D :o :D ;D
Leethal # 3046?
1972 CB750K/900CC Red Headed Dunstall, 1975CB750FSS Gone BNF: 1974CB500T, 1976CB750K X 2