Author Topic: Things that pi*s you off even though you know it shouldn't  (Read 5400 times)

Ebrandon

Things that pi*s you off even though you know it shouldn't
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:33:47 pm »
Everyone has them. Silly things that are beyond your control, but no matter how rational you are they still make you cuss! What are they and why? I think even the most centered person in the world still has a button. What are yours? what does it mean about your personality?

Personally I can feel my bloodpressure rise when I get behind someone going slow in the fast lane!!!! Although I could wait for ever in a restrunt for service and not really get irratated.  :-\

I thought about this today because there is a coworker who drives me up the wall. I hardly ever have to interact with her, and she and I are equals so I don't have to deal with her management style, but no matter how determined I am not to be bothered by it she still irratites me to no end!

Share, offer insights, tell me off.... whatever  ;D

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
Re: Things that pi*s you off even though you know it shouldn't
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:21:31 pm »
I don't have many problems in this world day to day except maybe......other people,traffic,noise pollution,braggarts, stuck or stripped bolts,lies,over cooked fries,people with 1/10 of the brain they were born with,animal cruelty, getting skunked fishing,flat tires,obnoxious people,show-offs,wierdos, rednecks,warm beer,nagging women,oh.......and some people!!!!!!.....Ya know....stuff like that!!!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Ratfink

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:06 pm »
That just about covers it! Might as well lock the thread .     :P

Offline ieism

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:37:40 pm »
I can deal with everything mentioned above, but when something falls from my hands or from the table, I totally lose it. It's impossible for me to drop something without cursing heavily, and this happens about once a week. Maybe I need to seek proffessional help.  :P
---cb550---

Offline mcpuffett

• Master
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:50:17 am »
butter fingers  :D
Honda CB750 KO 1970,   Honda VTX 1300 2006, Lancaster England.

Offline 750goes

• Master
  • it will live
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 02:56:51 am »
mr B

you don't have the problems its all those other whoosy whatsits... they really give you the #$%*s don't they (I hope this is not being obnoxious though).. :D

Offline Rushoid

• Shameless
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 06:42:06 am »
There's so many to choose from..... Probably people with poor manners. You know, people who "borrow" things without asking, or borrow without returning. Also people who stand too close to me. I hate having my personal bubble disturbed. And bad/oblivious drivers. Some people shouldn't be behind a steering wheel. And people who brag about stuff that's nothing to brag about to try to make themselves look tough or cool. Like being in prison. If you were in prison, it's probably because you did something stupid. Why should I respect that?  ::) You should be ashamed that you stole that old lady's purse, not proud.  ???
Go Cards!! Go Colts!! Go Bucks!!

SOHC/4 Member #3452

Offline firecracker

• At being Shameless, I'm an
  • Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:21:35 am »
This is turning into a grumpy old man topic.   Great!

<rant on>
What about people that see you are two steps behind them, and do NOT hold the door for you.  I'm not asking you to stop, and hold it while I walk through (although I do that), but at least give it that little push so it looks like you're TRYING to be polite.  I've had men and women do this, and it makes me wanna grab them by the throat and....   [deep breath]
<rant off>

Sorry.  I'm better now.  But seriously, this prevailing lack of manners really gets to me.
Life is like a game of cards.  The hand you are dealt represents determinism.  The way you play it is free will.
  -  Jawaharal Nehru

Offline DJ_AX

• Expert
  • ?!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:33:40 am »
I hate tailgaters... not the partying kind but on the road.

I've thought about putting some sort of arm by my center stand with a titanium bolt and a cable control so I can send some sparks at 'em to get 'em to back off.. anybody ever done or heard of something like this?

~ Vincent . . . '75 CB750 K5 . . . '97 BMW r1100rt . . . had; '75 CB550 K1 (sold) . . .  '73 CB350G (gifted) HELL YEAH!
Disclaimer: I could be wrong. :)

upperlake04

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 07:35:44 am »
People who are so self centred or ignorant that they can't be bothered to wear a poppy around Remembrance Day. >:(  That really pisses me off >:(

Edit> removed 'stupid' from the list of undesireable traits, a little harsh -  the other 2 stand ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:45:37 pm by upperlake04 »

Ebrandon

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 07:43:40 am »
Also people who stand too close to me. I hate having my personal bubble disturbed.

Oh-yeah and when you take a couple of steps back and they follow you. WTF

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
  • "Damn! These HM300 Pipes Are Expensive!!!"
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:20 am »
I guess the ones that irk me are when I'm looking all over for a wrench or part that I just sat down on the workbench not even 5 minutes ago and now it's gone- until I discover that a piece of paper or a shop rag was innocently placed over top of it.

I also hate how tiny nuts and bolts are trained to find the darkest corner of the garage or under the workbench after you drop them. They just bounce up and down on the floor until they locate the optimal spot and then dive for that direction! Arrrrggghhh!! :P

I hate tailgaters... not the partying kind but on the road.

I've thought about putting some sort of arm by my center stand with a titanium bolt and a cable control so I can send some sparks at 'em to get 'em to back off.. anybody ever done or heard of something like this?

Someone on here was telling how to flick the emergency stop switch off and on to shoot a big flame at the guy following too close. Heard it has more effect in tunnels.... ;D

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:50:45 am by Jonesy »
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline 6pkrunner

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 09:31:56 am »
Everyone else on the road driving the wrong way down the one way street I'm driving on. ;D

Offline tsflstb

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
Carnival workers.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 11:36:03 am »
A lot of stuff I missed was posted.Most of it draws to what I said though.....other people.Lack of manners,common courtesy,etc.
MEMBER # 257

Offline DJ_AX

• Expert
  • ?!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 11:38:19 am »
Someone on here was telling how to flick the emergency stop switch off and on to shoot a big flame at the guy following too close. Heard it has more effect in tunnels.... ;D

Interesting .. does it really work?
~ Vincent . . . '75 CB750 K5 . . . '97 BMW r1100rt . . . had; '75 CB550 K1 (sold) . . .  '73 CB350G (gifted) HELL YEAH!
Disclaimer: I could be wrong. :)

Offline Jeff

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 11:42:28 am »
I used to do this in my dumber days on my CBR600F2. It worked, but for whatever reason only in first gear. Foot long flame and "BAAAM".

I don't think it's really good for the bike though.

Also people who stand too close to me. I hate having my personal bubble disturbed.

I call those people "Space Invaders". Can't stand it myself. Another thing that drives me up the wall is when people don't take pride in their work.

Jeff

Offline nickjtc

• I was numero dieci
  • Old Timer
  • Yamaha XT500 'Gromit'
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 12:24:57 pm »
Men who do not remove their hats when sitting down to eat.

And, having a driving/riding interest because of the job:

People who cut left corners at intersections. (It's just so hard to turn that power steering!)
People who do not stop at STOP signs. (Has to be about the easiest raffic law to get right.)
Left lane bandits.

People who honestly think that they are good drivers/riders and then do the above.
Nick J. Member #3247

2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
1977 Suzuki GS750

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear proper motorcycle clothing...."

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 12:55:14 pm »
I used to do this in my dumber days on my CBR600F2. It worked, but for whatever reason only in first gear. Foot long flame and "BAAAM".

I don't think it's really good for the bike though.

Nope. If you do it wrong you blow apart the mufflers. CB750 mufflers are kinda expensive...
"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles; it makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 01:01:39 pm »
Yeah Jonesey.......ya think? ??? ??? Thats why you see more 4to1's than stock anymore. I can't figure out why someone in the exhaust,custom bike,fabricating business can't come up with stainless systems for our old bikes. I'd rather give someone $1000 for that than shiney new stock ones that will rust out again in a few years.
MEMBER # 257

Offline Jonesy

• Shop Rat
  • Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 06:54:13 pm »
I thought there was a post from "St. Prendergast" that vouched for the much better quality of the current production mufflers as oposed to the old ones. ???

But I agree, SS ones would be nice.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 06:58:30 pm »
Oh really??? Well I haven't read that from his holy-ness Terry but will be looking out for new heavenly posts!!! ;D
MEMBER # 257

Offline mwohlenhaus

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 03:40:35 pm »
I hat it when people are turning and they don't use their blinker to turn into the other lane farthest away from the turning lane.  Law says that you have to turn into the closest lane of traffic and then make further lane changes.  I also hate when people pull out of an intersection and look like they are gonna hit me, but then drive in the center turn lane until I pass.  I rreeeaaallly hate ignorant dumbass sob drivers that think they have the right of way just because they are in a car and you are on a bike.  and then I fly the bird at them and they wave at me like nothing is wrong.  I could definately go on about this for alot longer.  oh yeah and carny's bother me too.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 04:02:31 pm »
See what I mean? Its still about people. People that drive bad...people that act bad... people that smell bad!!!!!!! These are things that piss us off!!!!!!(even though we know it shouldn't.)
MEMBER # 257

Offline sparty

• I just play one on TV
  • Master
  • My engine is 100% stock... wink.
    • Gallery
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 06:20:31 pm »
I hate WINTER! >:(

'nuff said

Sparty
1972 CB750 K2 Cafe' Style

GO AWAY SNOW AND COLD!  Can you see the Hot Rod wants to run...
“That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.”