Author Topic: CB350F: What's Your Favorite Triple Tree To Use?  (Read 577 times)

Offline sbeckman7

• Glutton For Punishment And/Or
  • Hot Shot
  • Slow and steady
CB350F: What's Your Favorite Triple Tree To Use?
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
Like so many others, the bike I purchased came with cracked upper triples.  There are the billet aftermarket options that all look nearly identical (do any have top bar mounts?), but what else?  Heard someone mention CBX pieces, so I'm curious what else would bolt up for under ~$300 :)

Are there any complete bolt on front end upgrades in that price range (triples and forks)?

Spence
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:44:11 pm by sbeckman7 »

Offline camelman

• Man... Myth... Legend
  • Master
Re: CB350F: What's Your Favorite Triple Tree To Use?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:47:33 pm »
Replacing the lower is where you'll find the greatest handling improvement. TTR400 has a great swap in option for that. If you want the upper for cosmetics, then there are a wide variety of options. Getting one with the correct drop down is key for keeping stock geometry...unless you just get a super thick upper that lets you slide the forks to whatever position you want. I believe that an upper that is similar to stock will be pricier than your budget if you get the lower too.
1972 350f rider: sold
1972 350f/466f cafe: for sale
1977 CB400f cafe:sold
1975 CB400f rider: sold
1970 CB750 K0 complete bike: sold
2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 rider

We've got to cut it off... and then come down on rockets.  (quoted from: seven minutes of terror)

Offline sbeckman7

• Glutton For Punishment And/Or
  • Hot Shot
  • Slow and steady
Re: CB350F: What's Your Favorite Triple Tree To Use?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:05 pm »
Replacing the lower is where you'll find the greatest handling improvement. TTR400 has a great swap in option for that. If you want the upper for cosmetics, then there are a wide variety of options. Getting one with the correct drop down is key for keeping stock geometry...unless you just get a super thick upper that lets you slide the forks to whatever position you want. I believe that an upper that is similar to stock will be pricier than your budget if you get the lower too.

Sorry I should have clarified, I'm asking more for repair than upgrade :)  The bike I purchased came with cracked upper triples, a common issue from what I understand.  For that reason I wanted to see if people here have found better alternative to different stock units, such as swaps from other similar vintage hondas etc.  I will look for TTR400's stuff, strange that I haven't seen it yet!

Edit: A correctly worded google search quickly brought me to his website... wow  8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:49:13 pm by sbeckman7 »