Author Topic: TKRJ rings  (Read 1199 times)

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
TKRJ rings
« on: March 22, 2016, 06:25:03 am »
Anyone have any experience, good or bad with these rings? It's a Japanese company and they have rings for an FZR400 and there doesn't seem to be any other options.

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
Re: TKRJ rings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:11:39 am »
hei brent
i used tkrj pisotns in my second year with the 500/4. I wasnt super impressed with the pistons themselves, but i recall rings held ok-ish.
what are your other options? stock (expensive) yamaha stuff?

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:19:02 am »
OEM has become rocking horse #$%*. Wiseco & Wossner maybe, haven't talked to them about rings but neither have made pistons for this model for years so not likely to be helpful. Total Seal or Hastings I suppose.

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:36:52 am »
A quick read makes it sound like this company in 40 years has provided the "big four" with rings for certain models.

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:15 am »
what's the bore? most chances there's some mini bike with same.....

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 12:08:54 pm »
Thanks TG, they're 57mm bore, 0.8, 0.8, 1.9mm. However I'm just off the phone with the Wiseco guy I've dealt with previously. They are presently making special order pistons for a customer who sourced rings from this TKRJ company. The customer was happy with what he received. He claims they are either an OEM ring producer or reproducing OEM spec rings and I should have faith!  ::)

I've been pleased with this guy in the past so his reassurance is enough for me. We'll give them a go.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 01:37:57 pm »
Thanks TG, they're 57mm bore, 0.8, 0.8, 1.9mm. However I'm just off the phone with the Wiseco guy I've dealt with previously. They are presently making special order pistons for a customer who sourced rings from this TKRJ company. The customer was happy with what he received. He claims they are either an OEM ring producer or reproducing OEM spec rings and I should have faith!  ::)

I've been pleased with this guy in the past so his reassurance is enough for me. We'll give them a go.
Well I feel better. ;D
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 02:24:28 pm »
 ;) I knew you would!