Author Topic: Could MAN CUP fill the lanes ?????  (Read 925 times)

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
Could MAN CUP fill the lanes ?????
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:44:21 am »
New class for MAN CUP = Vintage PRE 1999 built motorcycles, no bars or boxes, street tire and any thing the MAN CUP owners sell = MPS,MRE,SHINTZ or any supplier who wants to support this class. Run your dial in and a great class for first time racers with the slowest allowed ET of 18.00 in 1320'. AMA sent me a letter to join but at the dealers shows they never had one drag bike ad I always question that fact. It's Spring and we need to plant a seed for growth........ GS'S,ZIR's, Buells, BSAs, Triumps, Moto Guzzies, Harleys, Yamaha RZs, A-Ks Hondas,  get them uncovered ,dust them off get a lane, simple tech rules.
The reason for PRE 1999 rule = THE BUSA was born.........

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re: Could MAN CUP fill the lanes ?????
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 10:17:47 pm »
I doubt seriously you'd get 10-15 bikes in this class Pops. Most of the newer racers wouldn't get caught dead on a pre-1999 bike and the older racers have already upgraded. Not many old street ET bikes left racing now- just take a look in the lanes at a normal race.

Besides, who the hell cares about a dang Busa anyway- i know i ain't skeered. Lol.

Offline TurboD

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 06:16:59 am »
I agree with Frank. To add to his comments, the older bike market does very little in terms of parts sales and income for the racing manufacturers, so I would guess sponsorship for a class like this might be difficult.

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:27:15 am »
I would bet if I offered a WINNER TAKE ALL $1000 win ticket the dust would be flying off them barn bikes with a $50 entrance fee.   Asked a fellow racer this simple question 3 weeks ago [ who just bought a California KZ PRO bike w/ a blown supercharger] car tire $$$$$$ , Freddie how much do you win in that Pro class per day at a weekend event = $200 And this guy has a garage full of fast KZ's GOT BRUCE ? long, low, small and car tire bikes. It's always the money, thanks PAUL GAST for that $10,000 race he paid for at NORWALK, right CHAD, and a whole host of OHIO racers.