Author Topic: Brembo Caliper P108 Blueprint  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Artracing

• Enthusiast
Brembo Caliper P108 Blueprint
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:43 pm »
I need to design a rear caliper bracket for Brembo P108. I need the illusive blueprint of the of the P108
Can anyone help? I can't find it anywhere.
Brembo will not supply it. Go figure

Rob

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Brembo Caliper P108 Blueprint
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »
Can you get an existing bracket and transfer punch it?
Dual acting with fluid transfer holes can be a pain to drill properly..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:51:14 pm »
Surely you don't need any blueprint to build a caliper mount...? 
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:57:36 pm »
On the Pm ones there is about7otlr more holes for the tiny dual piston caliper....very easy if you have an existing bracket to lay over and transfer punch..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline Artracing

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
No I don't, lol  if I want to use hillbilly methods, but I happen to have a $3000 CAD system  and $30,000 CNC
Hence, I can bang out a perfect bracket in and hour.
All I need is a few dimensions that they designed the caliper to.

Its amazing they create a product to sell and you have to reverse engineer it. Go figure

Offline Artracing

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 08:21:14 pm »
On the Pm ones there is about7otlr more holes for the tiny dual piston caliper....very easy if you have an existing bracket to lay over and transfer punch..
Unfortunately I don't have a bracket to start with. That would be a solution.
Thanks

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
No I don't, lol  if I want to use hillbilly methods, but I happen to have a $3000 CAD system  and $30,000 CNC

Its amazing they create a product to sell and you have to reverse engineer it. Go figure

Hmmm, I wasn't thinking hillbilly or thrown together what so ever,  you don't need any blueprint of the caliper to make a relatively simple bracket. I'm still not getting you, all you need is a few simple measurements then draw something up on Auto cad or whatever program you need for your CNC, its not rocket science, {or am I missing something here?} Don't you have the caliper yet..?.., I'm about to do something similar for a 750/4, an underslung bracket for a rear caliper incorporating the rear spacer as well.  Don't over think it, its far from the hardest thing to design...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:11:57 pm »
Thanks
Do you have the caliper? Use the CNC as a CMM to locate hole centers. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Artracing

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 03:57:19 am »
Thanks
Do you have the caliper? Use the CNC as a CMM to locate hole centers. ;)

I don't have the caliper yet. I will most likely do that. If I had print, I could have the bracket don by the time it shows up.

Thanks

Offline Artracing

• Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 04:08:59 am »

Hmmm, I wasn't thinking hillbilly or thrown together what so ever,  you don't need any blueprint of the caliper to make a relatively simple bracket. I'm still not getting you, all you need is a few simple measurements then draw something up on Auto cad or whatever program you need for your CNC, its not rocket science, {or am I missing something here?} Don't you have the caliper yet..?.., I'm about to do something similar for a 750/4, an underslung bracket for a rear caliper incorporating the rear spacer as well.  Don't over think it, its far from the hardest thing to design...

I don't have the caliper yet. I just ordered it. I hear what your saying, but with a print, I would have the bracket ready to bolt on when it showed up.
No, I'm not over thinking it, I just have the tools to make it perfect. Locating a print for the caliper is not unreasonable request. I thought!
I'm making a underslung bracket also. I could make it for you on my CNC , but looks like you have a handle on it.

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 07:07:07 am »

I don't understand this  ;D  but no, neither am I offended! I truly am the hillbilly who hand builds stuff and eyeballs everything. I'd love to have someone like you close by! When I die I want to come back as a top shelf machinist with toys galore!

Good luck finding your blueprint, I can't even suggest where to look.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 08:06:16 am »
Please don't take this harshly, but, do you honestly think a company should invest significant time and money into designing, testing and producing products for sale and then turn about and publish the design data for them? This would enable anyone to recreate their products and eliminate or at least, greatly reduce their sales. Of course you'll have to reverse engineer it. That's exactly why they make it so difficult. This forces people to at least buy 1 of their products before they siphon off their hard work.

Last time I looked, most companies like Brembo weren't in the business of "share-ware".
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 08:40:25 am »
Last time I looked, most companies like Brembo weren't in the business of "share-ware".

I suspect the real reason they don't publish the data is related to product liability. Brakes ARE KINDA IMPORTANT regarding safety. Brembo designs their brake systems to replace a specific application and they probably carry product liability insurance for same. They have absolutely NO CONTROL of the customized application of their product. Publishing even the installation template would necessarily INVOLVE them in "OUTLAW" applications which may or may not be of sufficient design and the resulting safety or lack there of. Hence they are making every attempt to avoid/prevent any complicity in any frivolous legal implication resulting from some Moron's misapplication of their product.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 10:30:12 am »

I suspect the real reason they don't publish the data is related to product liability. Brakes ARE KINDA IMPORTANT regarding safety. Brembo designs their brake systems to replace a specific application and they probably carry product liability insurance for same. They have absolutely NO CONTROL of the customized application of their product. Publishing even the installation template would necessarily INVOLVE them in "OUTLAW" applications which may or may not be of sufficient design and the resulting safety or lack there of. Hence they are making every attempt to avoid/prevent any complicity in any frivolous legal implication resulting from some Moron's misapplication of their product.
You always gotta rain on somebody's parade. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 10:43:53 am »
Thanks, that's just the kind of guy I am!  ;)  ;D  8)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
Some people should not be adapting calipers.. And I dont mean this case..
 Failing that you find the info, i would use transfer punches, and threaded tranfer screws.. A pita but will work...
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 11:40:32 am »
i do all my bracket design on an even more expensive CAD system than yours (Creo 5) , and yet, still simply measure everything with a caliper off the caliper itself :)  sounds like you have to have that bracket right now, otherwise ....
In building bikes, patience is paramount....
I've seen form other post that you are not that receptive to other peoples friendly advice, nevertheless, here is mine: Grimeca used to do many "Brembo replica" calipers like the P08 and P05 look alikes that have the same dims and between holes distance. It's a good bet they did also a P108 look alike and i've come across Grimeca Pdf catalogs that have complete caliper drawings, dig the net a bit, you might find it.
Will dig my hard disc too, will give you a copy if you promise to be nice to us hipo sohcers :)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »
Some people should not be adapting calipers.. And I dont mean this case..
 Failing that you find the info, i would use transfer punches, and threaded tranfer screws.. A pita but will work...

With some of the sh1t i've seen on this forum {not this thread} frank, some people shouldn't be allowed to work on motorcycles, period.... ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 03:33:50 pm »

I don't have the caliper yet. I just ordered it. I hear what your saying, but with a print, I would have the bracket ready to bolt on when it showed up.
No, I'm not over thinking it, I just have the tools to make it perfect. Locating a print for the caliper is not unreasonable request. I thought!
I'm making a underslung bracket also. I could make it for you on my CNC , but looks like you have a handle on it.

Got it, I assumed {you know how that goes :P} you already had the caliper. Wasn't the P108 a Lockheed copy..?, Also check Grimeca as TG has suggested....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline slikwilli420

• Master of Disaster
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 03:58:25 pm »
Click on the link and download the drawing. Took me almost two minutes to find it. Expensive CNC equipment clearly doesn't replace the ability to sleuth the Internet.

https://www.apracing.com/product_details/motorcycle/brake_calipers/solo_and_classic_machines_plus_sidecar_2_piston_caliper/cp2696-38e0.aspx
All you gotta do is do what you gotta do.

Vintage Speed Parts Mashup: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=133638.0
Rickman CR Parts Kit Refresh: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,154837.0.html
AHRMA CB750 Racer: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,158461.0.html
AHRMA Superbike Heavyweight Racer: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173120.0.html
'76F CB750 Patina Redemption: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,174871.0.html

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 04:44:24 pm »
Click on the link and download the drawing. Took me almost two minutes to find it. Expensive CNC equipment clearly doesn't replace the ability to sleuth the Internet.

https://www.apracing.com/product_details/motorcycle/brake_calipers/solo_and_classic_machines_plus_sidecar_2_piston_caliper/cp2696-38e0.aspx

Ain't that the gospel truth. Curious Slik, how did you cross that over from Brembo P108?

Offline slikwilli420

• Master of Disaster
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »
Kmb, the p108, grimeca, and multiple ap racing units all have the same spacing. Even super exotic stuff like fontana and scarab are the same. Ap racing did it first, set the world on fire and everyone else followed suit.
All you gotta do is do what you gotta do.

Vintage Speed Parts Mashup: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=133638.0
Rickman CR Parts Kit Refresh: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,154837.0.html
AHRMA CB750 Racer: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,158461.0.html
AHRMA Superbike Heavyweight Racer: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173120.0.html
'76F CB750 Patina Redemption: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,174871.0.html

Offline kmb69

• Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 05:30:42 pm »
Very interesting. Thanks.

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 05:40:02 pm »

Well ain't that great but it kinda shoots kmb69's paranoid liability concerns all to he!!

You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »

Well ain't that great but it kinda shoots kmb69's paranoid liability concerns all to he!!

Its not Brembo Jim..?  Also, why use the word "paranoid" to justify your  post..? Cal basically said exactly the same thing, It seems you've never heard of "intellectual property" or simply don't understand it.... ::)  And by the way, that link is not a "blueprint"....  Try again...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc