Author Topic: POssible job in Nashville....  (Read 3234 times)

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
Re: POssible job in Nashville....
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 02:47:52 pm »
Best I know, a Yankee lives in the North.  A Damn Yankee lives in the South and talks about how much better it was in the North. ::)

Rocking-M

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »
Naw, a Yankee comes down to visit, a damn Yankee stays :) ;) >:(

Though your definition fits what we have round here IC :(

I best add this too. IC's definition fits my take on northerners.
Some are just plain folks of northern origins,

then there are the
damn Yankees who know everything about everything,
if you don't believe they do just ask them. They know the best
way to raise cattle for instance, even though they never been
round it (they move next to a stock pen and complain of the smell.
They know how to log, though they've never been
in the woods except for maybe a hike in a park,
 etc.... ad naseum

the northern folk are just that, plain folks who accept others way of
doing things.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:59:37 pm by Rocking-M »

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 06:56:01 pm »
Naw, a Yankee comes down to visit, a damn Yankee stays :) ;) >:(

Though your definition fits what we have round here IC :(

I best add this too. IC's definition fits my take on northerners.
Some are just plain folks of northern origins,

then there are the
damn Yankees who know everything about everything,
if you don't believe they do just ask them. They know the best
way to raise cattle for instance, even though they never been
round it (they move next to a stock pen and complain of the smell.
They know how to log, though they've never been
in the woods except for maybe a hike in a park,
 etc.... ad naseum

the northern folk are just that, plain folks who accept others way of
doing things.

<applause>  You hit the nail right on the head 8)

Ratfink

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »
Thanks for all the great advice folks. Im still not sure where I stand. Im almost ready to let nashville know I cant come out. But a free flight and a stay sure sounds good to me. Might as well check it out eh?

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
Thanks for all the great advice folks. Im still not sure where I stand. Im almost ready to let nashville know I cant come out. But a free flight and a stay sure sounds good to me. Might as well check it out eh?

Free flight, peanuts, and a room?  Sounds like a mini-vacation ;)  Then you can just totally blow the interview just for fun. ;D

Offline GoatBaSS

• Could someone find an
  • Expert
  • To weird to live, to rare to die.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38:44 pm »
You need to see what you will be missing ;)If anything at all. Make a couple of new contacts, dont burn bridges, invest now for your future.
Leethal # 3046?
1972 CB750K/900CC Red Headed Dunstall, 1975CB750FSS Gone BNF: 1974CB500T, 1976CB750K X 2

Offline hondachopproject

• Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 12:24:47 pm »
You need to see what you will be missing ;)If anything at all. Make a couple of new contacts, dont burn bridges, invest now for your future.
Can't agree more. This may NOT be the oppurtunity for now, but how knows about tomorrow.  Do not burn your bridges.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 02:13:11 pm by hondachopproject »
92 HERITAGE

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
A trully good Luthier is hard to come by. I do all of my own work now, but I am not exactly doing full fret jobs  ;D Wish ya luck.,
Contact me for affordable rotor drilling services at $55 each rotor. Same day service on CB750/CB500/CB550 rotors. Next day on everything else.

Offline putnaja1

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB 550k -Was gonna cafe, but looks cool stock!
    • Jason's Wacky Website
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 03:11:24 pm »
I'm in Asheville NC, but moved from San Francisco to Charlotte.  My friend, culture shock hit me up side the head so bad I couldn't even see but stars for 2 years.  2 years of bad depression.  Gradually, I figured out part of it was just Charlotte- a Godless place full of christians. 

I am curious..  Is saying "a Godless place full of christians" a fancy way to say it's a town full of people that call themselves virtuous, but act in ways that not virtuous?  Or is this a dig at Christianity?

I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just curious as to what you mean?  I've never been to Charlotte, so I have no reference.. 
Play Pinball!
My Gallery!
"The world is divided into people who do things, people who get the credit and people who continually criticize.  Try, if you can, to belong to the first class of people.  There's far less competition"

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 03:31:54 pm »
I'm in Asheville NC, but moved from San Francisco to Charlotte.  My friend, culture shock hit me up side the head so bad I couldn't even see but stars for 2 years.  2 years of bad depression.  Gradually, I figured out part of it was just Charlotte- a Godless place full of christians. 

I am curious..  Is saying "a Godless place full of christians" a fancy way to say it's a town full of people that call themselves virtuous, but act in ways that not virtuous?  Or is this a dig at Christianity?

I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just curious as to what you mean?  I've never been to Charlotte, so I have no reference.. 

Now I am offended??? I am offended by nothing but thought it would be funny.  ;D
Contact me for affordable rotor drilling services at $55 each rotor. Same day service on CB750/CB500/CB550 rotors. Next day on everything else.

Offline putnaja1

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB 550k -Was gonna cafe, but looks cool stock!
    • Jason's Wacky Website
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 03:59:32 pm »
Good to see ya back EC!  Glad you have your old name back too!   :)
Play Pinball!
My Gallery!
"The world is divided into people who do things, people who get the credit and people who continually criticize.  Try, if you can, to belong to the first class of people.  There's far less competition"

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »
Good to see ya back EC!  Glad you have your old name back too!   :)

Dont matter really, I annoy EVERYONE, except a few with brains.  ;D

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 07:45:29 pm »
I was just very surprised that a place with so many alleged Christians was so full of negative judgement and hate.  The "nicer" types make an attempt to disguise their true feelings by smiling.  It's an old town being raped by the quick buck.  Too bad.  The climate there is tropical and you will see flora and bugs and stuff like nowhere else that I've ever been.
Rocking M was keerecto- the Damn Yankees stay.  A LOL (little old lady before computers) told me that- and she was serious.
Nashville is a happening town, on the other hand.  Pretty in many ways, and close to many taditions that would be fun to learn.  Bend, on the other hand, is between Seattle and SF- 2 black holes for great food and vintage bikes and great roads.  MAN- that's a tough choice.

To briefly revisit the Christian thing, I'm a PK and have strong opinions that not everyone would agree with, I'm sure. I am always iinterested in intelligent and lively discussion, however.
Dude- your 8 layers are showing!

Ratfink

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 08:03:22 pm »
Bend and Central Oregon in general is great. Wonderful high desert climate, lots of outdoor activities, and wide open spaces. I would have a hard time moving any further east to be honest. My new job here is promising...... My wife doesnt want to leave either. I have almost made up my mind.

Another PK here....right with ya buddy.

Whats bar-b-que???? :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 08:05:01 pm by Ratfink »

Offline ic455

• Expert
  • 750 K6
    • My Gallery
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 09:02:13 pm »
I was just very surprised that a place with so many alleged Christians was so full of negative judgement and hate.  The "nicer" types make an attempt to disguise their true feelings by smiling.  It's an old town being raped by the quick buck.  Too bad.  The climate there is tropical and you will see flora and bugs and stuff like nowhere else that I've ever been.
Rocking M was keerecto- the Damn Yankees stay.  A LOL (little old lady before computers) told me that- and she was serious.
Nashville is a happening town, on the other hand.  Pretty in many ways, and close to many taditions that would be fun to learn.  Bend, on the other hand, is between Seattle and SF- 2 black holes for great food and vintage bikes and great roads.  MAN- that's a tough choice.

To briefly revisit the Christian thing, I'm a PK and have strong opinions that not everyone would agree with, I'm sure. I am always iinterested in intelligent and lively discussion, however.

Those alleged Christians are full of more than negative judgment and hate, and they are definitely not exclusive to Charlotte

What's PK?

Offline GoatBaSS

• Could someone find an
  • Expert
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 06:19:25 am »
Presba kristian? ;D
Leethal # 3046?
1972 CB750K/900CC Red Headed Dunstall, 1975CB750FSS Gone BNF: 1974CB500T, 1976CB750K X 2

Offline hondachopproject

• Enthusiast
92 HERITAGE

Offline GoatBaSS

• Could someone find an
  • Expert
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 08:45:31 am »
All and I mean all the PKs I grew up with were OFF THE GRAPH WILD!!! Fun and cool people, they all settled down quite nicely(!) I think thet is part of the secret past...
Leethal # 3046?

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 10:11:01 am »
Part of me wishes I was able to settle down nicely...  Too late for me, but I'm glad to hear the others were saved (double entendre? eh-what?!).
I think it was Dear Abbey who said, "The people in church are the ones who need to be there."  I suppose we're not allowed to talk about religeon much, but PMs are always welcome, if any preacher's kids need to "talk" ( as in rant, sob uncontrollably, etc. They'll know what I mean)
Dude- your 8 layers are showing!