Author Topic: 836,cr29 choke kills  (Read 1047 times)

Offline fr33man

836,cr29 choke kills
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:43:39 pm »
hi,
i have a problem again =) if i try to use the choke (even if i only lift it 1 mm ) my engine wont run. normally it starts ok without but if it died on its own - as it normally now and then - especially when riding in heavy traffic - i need to lift the choke try and start and it really sounds like it sucks in air  and then turn it off again - and then i have a better chance of starting it again. sometimes i have to run it - sometimes i relly have to crank the throttle when i kick it to get it back to life ..

hope this makes sence for someone haha .. thanks in advance

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: 836,cr29 choke kills
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:27:41 pm »
You just created an air restriction. Less air = higher fuel content = lower air to fuel ratio.

How rich are you jetted and what shape is your air cleaner in assuming it is stock?

As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline fr33man

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:29:09 am »
i have no idea of the jetting as i bought them used and just threw them on to test - and wanted to change my exhaust aswell wich i just did before i started thinking bout those. i have k&n pods

Offline Medyo Bastos

• Master
  • Gusto mo titi ko?
    • project
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 05:50:39 am »
i have no idea of the jetting as i bought them used and just threw them on

that is your issue, right there!  you should have at very least verified, clip position, jet sizes, choke linkages and bench sync to get your slides ball park to test and tune...

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 09:25:42 pm »
The choke should only be used for cold starts, and even then only sparingly.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....