Author Topic: Misc. Maintenance Questions (probably weird. . . lol)  (Read 4928 times)

USN20

Re: Misc. Maintenance Questions (probably weird. . . lol)
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 10:54:49 pm »
The black rubber ball end tips that fit on the clutch and brake levers can be purchased from Honda for around $2.85 each and the part number is: 95010-16001

I picked up a set to put on my '70 H-D   :o 

(they help keep your fingers from sliding off the lever ends)

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: Misc. Maintenance Questions (probably weird. . . lol)
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 06:02:43 am »
I'm so very glad MoToBunny brough this up... I've got the Honda 10w40 and the oil filter in my garage right now, and planned to clean the oil screen filter and pan too.... but anticipating using using form-a-gasket before I put the pan back on.

So what you are saying is that there is a gasket I should buy from the Honda dealership before I drop the pan and do not use auto-style form-a-gasket?  I just read the service manual and I didn't note any reference to the gasket  :-\ 

Regards, Gary

Gar, yes, there should be a gasket. Try your local Honda dealer, or go to one of the on-line parts sites that has the parts fische for look-up. I recently had to pick one up for my 750 and was lucky enough that they actually had one on the shelf so I didn't have to wait for them to order it.
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.