Author Topic: Supertrapp Anyone have one/used one on the 750k?  (Read 2859 times)

Offline siter81

• vintage bike junkie!
  • Hot Shot
  • TOO MANY BIKES? NEVER
Supertrapp Anyone have one/used one on the 750k?
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:27:18 pm »

Now that i have my tank and covers painted back to original paint.It makes my exhaust look as it is hanging lower? the muffler part No i wasn't  drinking or  drunk.I don't drink.Well not often.Anyway i can get a new supertrapp  from my tuner for a really good price.I wanted some advice from people who have or know about them,     Thanks to all replies

Siter81
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:11:19 pm by siter81 »
61 BMW R27 70 BMW R75/5  75 RD350
71 SUZUKI T500
75 CB750K5  Weisco 836, WEB CAM.DYNA IGN,KERKER,K&N,TAYLOR,GALFER,AGM ETC. 
 01 HONDA VC11000C3 AERO.
74&75 DUCATI 860 GT'S

Offline siter81

• vintage bike junkie!
  • Hot Shot
  • TOO MANY BIKES? NEVER
Re: Supertrapp Anyone have one/used one on the 750k?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:55:45 am »
ANYONE ANYONE ? BUELLER ?
71 SUZUKI T500
 01 HONDA VC11000C3 AERO.
74&75 DUCATI 860 GT'S

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
  • I love old Japanese bikes!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:12:43 am »
SuperTrap makes these since Kerker was bought-out long ago. I like it because it has 3 baffle options - 1" for stock bikes and quiet almost stock noise, 1.5" competition baffle which lost only 2 horsepower to their full-on 2" racing baffle. I have the 1.5" and with stock gearing, the front wheel will lift on acceleration in first 6,000 up. I'm very pleased with it and it was $499 out the door. Check soon as the supply according to my local dealer is very limited on these pipes. I may get a set and stick back for years down the road.

Kaws, Hondas, Yamahas, and Suzukis - especially Kaws

Honda CBer

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:32:28 am »
ive got a supertrapp system on a 1980 CB750... i know it is a different ani-mule from your K5, but i do highly recommend the supertrapp... i will post a picture when i get home, if you want...
the system i have is very much lighter than the stock 4:4, perhaps by 25 lbs or more, and you can ABSOLUTELY feel the difference in both power increase and nimbleness... i have (lol) 20 discs and the "competition only" endcap (has a hole in it), so that it isnt far from being an open glass-pack restriction-wise, but it is much quieter than with nothing on the end---still pretty loud though... the only problem i have with it is that (like the MACs) the collector is a little lower and farther outboard than i would prefer, and consequently is the lowest part of the bike in corners... i tacked a small skid plate once i developed a leak down there  :-[ ... the jardine on the CB650 is tucked more under the oil pan, and is IMO a better design...
supertrapp also sold some stainless steel models that are the witches titty... even lighter than the mild steel/aluminum can that i have... and no BBQ paint needed...

Honda CBer

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:35:31 am »
 ???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:03:45 am by Honda CBer »

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 04:58:06 am »
SuperTrap makes these since Kerker was bought-out long ago. I like it because it has 3 baffle options - 1" for stock bikes and quiet almost stock noise, 1.5" competition baffle which lost only 2 horsepower to their full-on 2" racing baffle. I have the 1.5" and with stock gearing, the front wheel will lift on acceleration in first 6,000 up. I'm very pleased with it and it was $499 out the door. Check soon as the supply according to my local dealer is very limited on these pipes. I may get a set and stick back for years down the road.

I've got one packed away Gordon. 1.5" baffle too.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 05:36:41 am »

Now that i have my tank and covers painted back to original paint.It makes my exhaust look as it is hanging lower? the muffler part No i wasn't  drinking or  drunk.I don't drink.Well not often.Anyway i can get a new supertrapp  from my tuner for a really good price.I wanted some advice from people who have or know about them,     Thanks to all replies

Siter81
how much is it going to cost you?
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline siter81

• vintage bike junkie!
  • Hot Shot
  • TOO MANY BIKES? NEVER
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 06:08:44 pm »
Cost to me is around 150. The header is black with a chrome muffler?
It should do till i save enough for the kerker k series.

Siter81    8) 8)
71 SUZUKI T500
 01 HONDA VC11000C3 AERO.
74&75 DUCATI 860 GT'S

uny2

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 08:56:21 pm »
Ilbikes,

Where did you get the Kerker for $499???  I have not been able to find one for less than $529.

ED

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 10:06:35 pm »
     I know Supertrapp made a complete system for the DOHC Honda but I don't think they made one for the SOHC 750(with the exception of the new Kerker series). If you're considering buying a new, complete Supertrapp exhaust I would first check that the header will fit to your engine. If it's a new muffler on a old SOHC header then go for it, $150 sounds like a good deal.

Another plug for Kerker: I spent 1 1/2 years restoring my '78 750F, new engine, paint, everything.... and the only time people comment on my bike is to say how sweet the exhaust sounds(med. baffle).
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:03:04 am »
I've got a complete period "Supertrapp" system on my F2 (yeah Sean, they did 'em for SOHC's as well) it's actually for an F1 so I had to ditch the factory heat sink cooler crap thing, it's ok, but has previously been mentioned, the header design is poor, IMHO.

The pipes stick out too far on the points cover side, and I reckon some "spirited" riding would cause them to touch down in a sharp right hander. I bought it because I remembered reading (back in the 1970's) about the "tuneability" of adding/removing discs, and I like the look of them too.

The guys at Megacycle Engineering here in Melbourne, Australia, who hand build beautiful race pipes, told me that they've tested Supertrapp pipes on their Dyno, and they don't work as well as most other "brand name" pipes. They actually got more power out of a set of Supertrapp headers fitted with an OEM Suzuki muffler on a GSXR1100, than they could get from the Supertrapp system, complete. Still, they do look nice. Cheers, Terry. ;D 

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline RRRToolSolutions

• Expert
  • I love old Japanese bikes!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 05:42:38 am »
Try Dynoman.net. They have them for $479 I think. Better hurry as I was told they are in limited supply.

Regards,
Gordon
Kaws, Hondas, Yamahas, and Suzukis - especially Kaws

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 08:08:22 am »
I've got a complete period "Supertrapp" system on my F2 (yeah Sean, they did 'em for SOHC's as well) it's actually for an F1 so I had to ditch the factory heat sink cooler crap thing, it's ok, but has previously been mentioned, the header design is poor, IMHO.

Well I'll be damned. I've never seen one over here, new or used, for the SOHC. Leave it to you Aussies though, if it's available and can increase performance you'll find it ;) :)
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:01:54 am »

Well I'll be damned. I've never seen one over here, new or used, for the SOHC. Leave it to you Aussies though, if it's available and can increase performance you'll find it ;) :)

G'Day Sean, well it actually came from the USA, in fact, California. I bought it on Evil Bay from a guy who I'd bought a tank from previously, but after 4 months it hadn't arrived, he was still selling stuff but wouldn't return my emails or Ebay PM's. After trying to do the right thing for another few weeks I took a different tack, I bid $1000.00 on every one of his auctions, and not surprisingly, won them all, about 30 in total. The dumb #$%* sent me a "Congratulations!" message, with an invoice for several hundred bucks, (most of his parts that I won were just junk) so I sent him back a message saying "Where is my Supertrapp pipe?"

He replied that there'd been a problem with his "shipping department", (what a dick, like Tom he was a one-man operation) "but seeing as how I'd been such a good customer" he'd airmail the exhaust right away! I said no worries, but I wasn't paying for all that other stuff until the pipe arrived, so suddenly it arrived on my doorstep, and the shipping cost (that he paid) was more than I paid for the pipe and surface mail! He then emailed me about payment for all the other stuff, so I told him to go f*ck himself. I don't know if it's added any performance though, I've only ridden the bloody thing about 50 miles in the 2 years since I restored it, I've gotta pull the engine down and reseal the crankcase halves because I used the wrong grade Loctite sealant, (or not enough) and I just don't want to, ha ha! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)