Author Topic: CB125S to 145CC Conversion - grcamna2  (Read 841 times)

Offline natez

CB125S to 145CC Conversion - grcamna2
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:06:20 am »
Hey grcamna2, I private messaged you but not sure if you check those. I got the bike running. My mikuni carb has a pilot jet in addition to the main jet, which after looking at the parts fiche, the original carb that came with the bike doesn't have.... It seems to be really lean on the low end, even detonating, plug is very tan and i haven't even gone past 1/3 throttle. So I guess I'm going to go up a few sizes with the pilot jet, any advice on getting the low end to run right?

Offline natez

Re: CB125S to 145CC Conversion - grcamna2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »
Also, engine is so much harder to kick over! I guess even with that particular head gasket you mentioned the compression is still pretty high? Also, It was starting pretty well until I started tinkering with the ignition... wanted to see where the F mark was in relation to the mark on the cover with my timing light. Surprisingly it was about 1/4 inch from the mark but ran well there? I tried moving the timing around but all of a sudden moved something and now I can't get it to pop at all :( I moved the timing with my screw driver with the ignition switch on and got a small spark from the point plate, possible I fried the condenser or something?

Reset the point gap and put everything back where it was but nothing (I do have spark). Man I sorta wish I would have just left it be. Had to walk away from it tonight.

Any and all help appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:14:23 pm by natez »