Author Topic: Cb550 points cover  (Read 1555 times)

Offline jcop550

Cb550 points cover
« on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:00 pm »
Where can i find a brand new points cover online for my 78 cb550? It doesn't matter how it looks or if it is NOS or aftermarket. Just looking to put a fresh one on my build rather than the stock dented one.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
Re: Cb550 points cover
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 08:40:06 pm »
4into1.com has a few to choose from.

Fancier ones (with plexiglass windows!) can be found on ebay

Offline jcop550

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 08:41:39 pm »
4into1.com has a few to choose from.

Fancier ones (with plexiglass windows!) can be found on ebay

Ill have to go check it out. Thanks man!

Offline BomberMann650

• Holy Cow! I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Dr. Bovinestein iBa#80333
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:43:32 pm »
There is also a member here that will do you a custom engraved cover.  There is an impressive thread going in the For Sale section here.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »
Frank makes the side covers and the points covers. He has some nice metal covers available if you want a more durable cover. The painted covers  can be scratched and if it is a scratch deep enough to remove plastic you are going to need to refinish. The clear window adds a very cool touch and at night you can see the points opening and closing spark.
His side covers are phenomenal and very very nice reproductions. All the plastics are injected molded and made in the USA from Frank's designs.  He has created and offered them to members for a discounted price.
Lots of members had cheered him on to create the metal covers and he worked for months and painstakingly did so to creat a cover that would clear the points or electronic ignitions that were popular . This was done at great expense as there were several iterations to get the metal covers to be thin enough and match precisely the cases. Then when the machining production runs had been finished most of those covers remained Un-purchased leaving Frank with a financial outlay for their production and a container with all these covers and crickets was the reply to his message of them being available. That was a kick in the gut!

David

David- back in the desert SW!

Offline jcop550

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:31:52 pm »
Frank makes the side covers and the points covers. He has some nice metal covers available if you want a more durable cover. The painted covers  can be scratched and if it is a scratch deep enough to remove plastic you are going to need to refinish. The clear window adds a very cool touch and at night you can see the points opening and closing spark.
His side covers are phenomenal and very very nice reproductions. All the plastics are injected molded and made in the USA from Frank's designs.  He has created and offered them to members for a discounted price.
Lots of members had cheered him on to create the metal covers and he worked for months and painstakingly did so to creat a cover that would clear the points or electronic ignitions that were popular . This was done at great expense as there were several iterations to get the metal covers to be thin enough and match precisely the cases. Then when the machining production runs had been finished most of those covers remained Un-purchased leaving Frank with a financial outlay for their production and a container with all these covers and crickets was the reply to his message of them being available. That was a kick in the gut!

David

Where can I find Frank on here? I will definitely like to check out his work. I am in need of a points cover. Thanks for the reply David

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 06:26:07 am »
Sorry, name slip of the brain cells, his name is Joe and his ID is FrankenFrankenstuff
website is www.fb-stuff.com
David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline jcop550

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 07:27:38 am »
Sorry, name slip of the brain cells, his name is Joe and his ID is FrankenFrankenstuff
website is www.fb-stuff.com
David

Sweet. Thank you!

Offline Duanob

• Bold Timer
  • Old Timer
  • Gotcha!
"Just because you flush a boatload of money down the toilet, doesn't make the toilet worth more",  My Stepfather the Unknown Poet

1974 CB360T
1976 CB550K2 Resurrected
1976 CB550F2 Barn Find
1979 CX500 VG "HONDA-GUZZI"
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie
2015 BMW F700GS
Another 1976 CB550K Cafe?

__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)