Author Topic: Re: 69' Honda cb750 cafe racer almost done pics of mock up  (Read 12373 times)

Offline westhewelder

• Enthusiast
Re: 69' Honda cb750 cafe racer almost done pics of mock up
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:55 pm »
Since Im building a 79 took a 10 year jump in the model, i would like to point out I found this bike after I hit a rough patch and I sold it for 2k apparently people from all over the province recognize it and and want it. I know I'm a welder but dang I might start making my way more towards a automotive builder designer.

Also as a side note this guy who bought it off of me claims he built the bike.

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 2011
1969 Honda cb750 (project)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Re: 69' Honda cb750 cafe racer almost done pics of mock up
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2017, 11:39:43 pm »
Can you remember what the engine/frame number is mate? 1969 CB750's are very sought after anywhere now, I know yours is probably just the engine and frame, but if it's an early "Sandcast" K0, you could just about name your price, a good original or restored one goes for $25K plus. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline westhewelder

• Enthusiast
Re: 69' Honda cb750 cafe racer almost done pics of mock up
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2018, 09:13:47 pm »
Hey Terry I don't remember unfortunately I ended up selling the bike and the guy took all the credit for my work apparently. As an update on life I ended up selling my bikes and bout a 1968 c10 to restore sold that too sofas I've made money on all the projects but more importantly they have all taken me to school. I'm 28 now I'm working in a custom fab shop do hand metal shaping and no end in sight. Ended up picking up a 1979 cb650 to work on and I'm still keeping the fix it mentality till today. Love working with my hands and will never stop hopefully the wife doesn't hate me too much for all the garage time

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 2011
1969 Honda cb750 (project)