Author Topic: 1978 CB750, been away awhile  (Read 1008 times)

Offline bfitz241

1978 CB750, been away awhile
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:04:27 pm »
Life has finally allowed me some time to get back to my bike.  Didn't know where else to post so I  came here.
The bike is a 1978 CB750 K, all stock except for an electronic ignition someone installed before my ownership and I replaced the coils and wires.  Has 8,999 miles on it. Just changed the oil, filter and air filter.
Couple of things I'm not sure about;
I checked the initial timing with a dial back light, I got 22 degrees.  I'm not sure but that can't be right.  Also, the engine will not run steadily below about 1400.
I have a complete stock ignition points plate and advancer and will be installing that.  I think I'd like to add Hondaman's ignition system.
I'm also not sure of the charging voltage, with the high beam on, at about 4 grand, I saw 13.03 volts.  It is more than 12 but seems a little low.
One other thing is the rear wheel has a "bend" to it. It's got about .125" runout from true toward the left in one spot.  Can that be taken out with the spokes or does it need a new hoop?   I'll try adjusting spokes, but I'm not going to lace a wheel, never did that before.
Thanks
BF
1978 CB750K
Hondaman ignition, Ray's regulator rectifier and Dyna 5 ohm coils