Author Topic: PayPal deals  (Read 5157 times)

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
Re: PayPal deals
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 01:05:07 pm »
PM sent Larry.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 03:04:06 pm »
PM sent Larry.

Hey Eric...do you think he hauls cars too?  Big trailer??

Working a deal for my buddy on a '64 Corvette...
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 03:40:56 pm »
PM sent Larry.

Got and responded,  thank you

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 08:09:49 pm »
PM sent Larry.

I do not think he does cars Steve. Card states Motorcycles,ATVs,UTV,s and specialty items. He is based out of PA and told me he does hauling east of the Mississippi and a lot along the east coast.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 06:42:38 am »
PM sent Larry.

I do not think he does cars Steve. Card states Motorcycles,ATVs,UTV,s and specialty items. He is based out of PA and told me he does hauling east of the Mississippi and a lot along the east coast.

Ok, thx anyway. 
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 08:15:59 am »
The issue with PayPal is that their return terms are very generous to the buyer. If he receives the bike and has any complaint at all PayPal will refund him and hit your account with little recourse.

They also typically won't release the money to you until they confirm receipt of the product.
This is not the case if money is sent as a “Gift”. Gifts also provide no protection for the Buyer. So it’s a “done deal” financially as soon as he hits send.

That's the way I thought gifts worked through paypal too. No recourse since gifts are gifts.
Who the hell asks for gifts back? No rules against re-gifting though.
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:44 pm »
The issue with PayPal is that their return terms are very generous to the buyer. If he receives the bike and has any complaint at all PayPal will refund him and hit your account with little recourse.

They also typically won't release the money to you until they confirm receipt of the product.
This is not the case if money is sent as a “Gift”. Gifts also provide no protection for the Buyer. So it’s a “done deal” financially as soon as he hits send.

That's the way I thought gifts worked through paypal too. No recourse since gifts are gifts.
Who the hell asks for gifts back? No rules against re-gifting though.

Nope, must be circumstantial. I did a gift transaction for a few hundred bucks and when the item wasn't what was advertised I got my money back through a PayPal claim.

Offline txterror

• Hot Shot
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 10:32:57 am »
Has anyone heard or dealt with Classic Runners USA inc in Cali?

Gentlemen named Collin recently offered me a deal on my bike but wants to overnight a cashiers check.

1975 cb400f

Offline Yamahawk

• IGOR!Come here IGOR! ...Yesss
  • Master
  • 1971 Honda CB750 Four K1
    • Kingdom Run Biker Church and Outreach
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 10:42:15 am »
He has a website, which has a bike list with nothing but Kawasaki Z-1's listed, KZ1000's and H1 and H2's. The Suzuki, Honda and Other lists are empty.  Not sure, but perhaps you can call the BBB or Chamber of Commerce for Torrance, CA. and ask about his business. A cashiers check isn't all bad, as long as it is from an account that has money in it, and it belongs to him.
I received a check from 5/3rd bank here that was forged, and counterfeited. Be diligent when dealing with checks, and call the bank it is drawn on to check the account. He may be legitimate, but on CL it is never a bad thing to check up on someone.
Charlie
1971 CB750K1 (newest bike), 1996 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet (therapy bike), 1981 Yamaha XV920RH, 2006 Kawasaki Concours (retirement bike), 1975 Yamaha RD350 (race bike), 1989 Honda VTR250 Interceptor (race bike), 1986 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja (race bike in progress), 1985 Honda Elite CH250, 1973 Yamaha GT1 80cc, 1974 Yamaha DT360 project bike.

The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Triumph, is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Edmund Burke

All Things work together for good, for those who love God and are the Called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Though He slay me, Yet will I trust Him...
Job 13:15
will you trust Him...?

Offline juntjoo

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:07 am »
I almost got screwed buying carbs and I sent the money as a gift to avoid the fee. PayPal still worked with me and I got all my money back and returned the carbs.

I would call PayPal or email them (not sure they have a number) and see what they say and find out exactly what the buyer can do to screw you. They do have either 30 or 60 days to file a claim if they want their money back, but they have to send the item back to you. It's like the buyer needs to give a case as to why he wants a refund. Like the item was damaged or not what was advertised. But yes, they do tend to side with the buyer in my experience.

Anyone you can trust on this forum to get the cash and then PayPal you as a gift?

wow, they still worked with you even after admitting to them you screwednthem of their commission?? um thanks paypal
-Ben

82 Nighthawk 650..

1982 Honda Nighthawk...

I HAVE A 1982 HONDA NIGHTHAWK FFS! j/k. It's my only bike, my first and last.

Offline txterror

• Hot Shot
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 11:00:40 am »
thanks yamahawk
1975 cb400f

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2018, 11:45:56 am »
I almost got screwed buying carbs and I sent the money as a gift to avoid the fee. PayPal still worked with me and I got all my money back and returned the carbs.

I would call PayPal or email them (not sure they have a number) and see what they say and find out exactly what the buyer can do to screw you. They do have either 30 or 60 days to file a claim if they want their money back, but they have to send the item back to you. It's like the buyer needs to give a case as to why he wants a refund. Like the item was damaged or not what was advertised. But yes, they do tend to side with the buyer in my experience.

Anyone you can trust on this forum to get the cash and then PayPal you as a gift?

wow, they still worked with you even after admitting to them you screwednthem of their commission?? um thanks paypal

No $hit!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Demand your money back after he screwed you and you screwed the company!
Sir, you have the biggest balls this side of the Mississippi we have ever seen!
AH!! The LULZ with this one!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

Offline Yamahawk

• Master
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2018, 12:17:22 pm »
thanks yamahawk
No Problem... here, check this info and call the number listed if it is different from his.
https://www.checkbca.org/report/classic-runners-usa-inc-100098800

Here is BBB  info
https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/motorcycles-supplies-and-parts/classic-runners-usa-in-torrance-ca-100098800/bbb-accreditation

Yelp
https://www.yelp.com/biz/classic-runners-usa-torrance

Anyway, it would be good to check for history, it says they have been in business 20 years, but there may be someone impersonating them, as was the case with the buyer on CL (not this company, btw) for one of my XZ550 Visions. It is always good to call and ask from their info or the BBB info or checkbca info.
Charlie
1971 CB750K1 (newest bike), 1996 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet (therapy bike), 1981 Yamaha XV920RH, 2006 Kawasaki Concours (retirement bike), 1975 Yamaha RD350 (race bike), 1989 Honda VTR250 Interceptor (race bike), 1986 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja (race bike in progress), 1985 Honda Elite CH250, 1973 Yamaha GT1 80cc, 1974 Yamaha DT360 project bike.

Edmund Burke

All Things work together for good, for those who love God and are the Called according to His purpose.

will you trust Him...?

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2018, 12:27:03 pm »
Hey Terror....I think Cashiers Checks are fairly safe.  Ask him to get it at the same bank you have if possible, that way you can walk in cash it and walk out.

I've done this with bikes that I sold and makes the buyer more comfortable. Dont send the title till cash is in your hand.

Offline Yamahawk

• Master
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2018, 12:31:41 pm »
Hey Terror....I think Cashiers Checks are fairly safe.  Ask him to get it at the same bank you have if possible, that way you can walk in cash it and walk out.

I've done this with bikes that I sold and makes the buyer more comfortable. Dont send the title till cash is in your hand.
I agree, Unless it is printed on his home computer on checks that appear authentic, using the account numbers from the DBA that he is impersonating. Then, you cash his 'authentic' check, the bike is delivered, and the next week, your account is short the price of the bike.
Call the bank, and make sure it is an authentic cashiers check, before transacting the title.
Having it drawn on the same bank as yours will simplify checking it for sure! :)
Charlie

Edmund Burke

will you trust Him...?

Offline txterror

• Hot Shot
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 12:53:40 pm »
Thanks guys! y'all are the best.

Called the company and asked for the guy that had called me, he was out but the number they gave me to call him matches the number he called me from. So the deal may be legit.

Im selling it for less then i want but if its an actual deal that might happen and not fall through like they usually do when dealing with CL shoppers. Then i guess thats the sacrifice i have to take.

They use Wells Fargo Bank, which i don't have but.... It may be legit.
1975 cb400f

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »

I honestly don't see what's funny. I got screwed and I got my money back because PayPal was willing to help out. The seller got his carbs back, PayPal helped a customer and I got unscrewed. Who knows what internal policies they have in place and what extent the claims department can bend the rules.

Offline Yamahawk

• Master
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2018, 04:31:43 pm »
It was very nice of PayPal to do that, I respect them, and you also Dave for the outcome. A lot of times, we find ourselves on the Losing End in a deal on eBay or CL.

Charlie

Edmund Burke

will you trust Him...?

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 07:00:27 am »

I honestly don't see what's funny. I got screwed and I got my money back because PayPal was willing to help out. The seller got his carbs back, PayPal helped a customer and I got unscrewed. Who knows what internal policies they have in place and what extent the claims department can bend the rules.

I find it hilarious that you decided to circumvent the system in place that helps to pay for the money transfer you made but you expected Paypal to go to bat for you when you screwed them out of their fee.
You clearly broke Paypal's rules and are clearly a cheapass, cheapskate and if the world was a just place you should have gotten screwed proper.

How do you think Paypal stays in business?? Good intentions??

It is because of cheapass cheats like yourself that make the fees high for everyone else when you abuse the system in place.

I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would not have the goddamn common courtesy to give a reach-around!  ;D ;D

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 07:51:14 am »
 Technically a gift/family friend transaction is not covered by Paypal as listed here. I find it interesting that motorized vehicles,and that includes motorcycles are not covered either. Scroll down a smidge for some basic guidelines.   https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 08:31:39 am »
I find it hilarious that you decided to circumvent the system in place that helps to pay for the money transfer you made but you expected Paypal to go to bat for you when you screwed them out of their fee.
You clearly broke Paypal's rules and are clearly a cheapass, cheapskate and if the world was a just place you should have gotten screwed proper.

It is because of cheapass cheats like yourself that make the fees high for everyone else when you abuse the system in place.

I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would not have the goddamn common courtesy to give a reach-around!  ;D ;D
As usual, you're way off base. And downright rude to accost Dave in that way. All he did was ask for some help from a Merchant. They can, or can not choose to help him. They chose to do so, and he and the Seller ended up whole. Had he usurped the program then complained about how PP screwed him, that would be a different story. But check your fire and tongue when you berate someone you don't know, or publicly assault a forum member.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Yamahawk

• Master
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 08:56:17 am »
I agree calj737....
Charlie

P.S. - I like and respect Neil Young too. :)

Edmund Burke

will you trust Him...?

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2018, 09:39:03 am »

As usual, you're way off base. And downright rude to accost Dave in that way. All he did was ask for some help from a Merchant. They can, or can not choose to help him. They chose to do so, and he and the Seller ended up whole. Had he usurped the program then complained about how PP screwed him, that would be a different story. But check your fire and tongue when you berate someone you don't know, or publicly assault a forum member.

Why am I not surprised you are defending his behavior.  ::)

Please tell me Cal, why are you defending the fact that he intentionally paid as a gift to someone that was not FRIENDS OR FAMILY to receive goods against paypal policy and then asks for paypal to intervene as though he payed the fees like a normal customer would.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:47:22 am by Duke McDukiedook »

Offline DaveBarbier

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 11:36:05 am »

I'm offended, why would you assume I wouldn't give a reach around?

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:18 pm »
Why am I not surprised you are defending his behavior.  ::)

Please tell me Cal, why are you defending the fact that he intentionally paid as a gift to someone that was not FRIENDS OR FAMILY to receive goods against paypal policy and then asks for paypal to intervene as though he payed the fees like a normal customer would.
What I am defending, if you took the time to read what I wrote, is his choice to ask and PayPal's choice to do as they wish. That both parties can choose what they care to do, without some imbecile lambasting him for making a request. You should never be surprised that I would side with any person who receives unwarranted vitriol for simply asking a question, or for assistance. Its what makes me humane and civil. Have a second helping sometime.  ::)
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis