Author Topic: Turbo Billet Block CB750  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Ilja

• Hot Shot
Re: Turbo Billet Block CB750
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 02:05:51 am »
Is that the special "turbo cam" from megacycle? With no overlap but more lift?

Nice...  8)

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 06:17:22 am »
Is that the special "turbo cam" from megacycle? With no overlap but more lift?

Nice...  8)
Yes....the Norris turbo profile. Very interesting to look at.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline Ilja

• Hot Shot
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 04:58:41 am »
They look like my z650 / gpz 750 turbo cams... but those are shim-under-bucket ones so without rockers / rocker-ratio.  ;D

I see that the specs show only 5 degrees reduced duration on intake and exhaust, but the shape op the sharper lobe says that it will hold the valve open less long around maximum lift.
I think it will feel very strong throughout low and mid for a turbo-charged engine with this cam thats for sure.
I think classic lower compression pistons (8:1) are also needed with this timing.

But I'm curious to see what it will do on top-end, I don't know if it will be better, worse or the same... hard to predict.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 03:07:30 pm »
They look like my z650 / gpz 750 turbo cams... but those are shim-under-bucket ones so without rockers / rocker-ratio.  ;D

I see that the specs show only 5 degrees reduced duration on intake and exhaust, but the shape op the sharper lobe says that it will hold the valve open less long around maximum lift.
I think it will feel very strong throughout low and mid for a turbo-charged engine with this cam thats for sure.
I think classic lower compression pistons (8:1) are also needed with this timing.

But I'm curious to see what it will do on top-end, I don't know if it will be better, worse or the same... hard to predict.
We'll see. ;D ;D
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

;