Author Topic: head case  (Read 1312 times)

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
head case
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:40:18 pm »
and who am i to complain about a stupid broken leg holding me back .... ?

hat's off to the guy, even if he decides to call it a day

scroll through the pics t understand

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/british-superbikes/2018/july/exclusive-interview-byrne-i-dont-know-if-ill-be-back/

Offline Rocketman

• Hot Shot
Re: head case
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 06:27:14 pm »
As much as we love our sport it can be very unforgiving. Some times we should stop and count or blessings. Stay safe and healthy.

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 10:26:30 am »
the harder you try to win the closer to the edge you get . shakey has been close to the edge for a long time . it is a shame , i thought he was going to
retire at the end of last season . its a hard sport to give up

Offline vfourfreak

• Do you think that's wise
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:06:43 pm »
the harder you try to win the closer to the edge you get . shakey has been close to the edge for a long time . it is a shame , i thought he was going to
retire at the end of last season . its a hard sport to give up

It is indeed. I hope he comes back in another role, like team manager or such. As a rider he's got nothing to prove.  Those injuries may never heal sufficiently well to enable him to race at the level he did before, and goodness knows what may happen were he to have a similar tumble in the future. In my opinion he should enjoy his family, take things easy, have another baby . .

Kev

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 02:22:12 pm »
Yeah, no pissing around Shakey.  ;D For the most part us mere mortals have the hardest time hanging them up. Guys like this are a different breed. We'll see soon enough. I'll bet his ultimate decision is more with his better half in mind. Huh, kind of like the rest of us mere mortals afterall.