Author Topic: Well I'm back with a new project.  (Read 15519 times)

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Re: Well I'm back with a new project.
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2018, 05:10:57 pm »
You want to strip the paint from the filler neck opening and seal the bare metal to paint line with a swipe of JB Weld to prevent fuel from getting beneath the paint and ruining the paint around the filler opening.

Why fiberglass seat pan now?

Tank paint looks nice.

David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline westhewelder

• Enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2018, 08:52:38 pm »
Thanks for the tip! No fuel in it yet so not too late lol. Well I went from aluminum pan looked and kinda felt crappy tried fiber glass same thing wasn't happy with the fit and look or how to upholster it.

So I want to get into metal shaping for a long time so I invested into an English wheel, mallet and sand bag, and a shrinker stretcher set and I'm pretty happy with the solo seat style more of a traditional look. If me and the wife want to do two up I can still work on the brat seat or we can just pick up an old goldwing.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 2011
1969 Honda cb750 (project)

Offline westhewelder

• Enthusiast
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2018, 09:30:10 pm »
So little update I'm in the middle of cleaning the tank out I have vinegar sitting it right now hopefully I don't spring a leak after the paint job.

Doing up some wiring and have a box of parts on the way then it's just some elbow grease tires and exhaust. I've decided I'm going to make this a bit of a tribute bike though. Last year my dad passed away been kinda mourning that in silence, and I'd like to get this bike ready for next season. We have a few ride for fundraisers for mental health and the distinguished gentleman's ride As Well as men's cancer awareness so I'm thinking I may  take his ashes with me on those rides.

As a young man I never got to spend a lot of time with my dad working on projects he would come out have a smoke and sit but was too sick to ever really help. Even from as young as 12 so this is for him and for all the things he didn't get to do. And when time comes I hope to keep this bike long enough to pass it along to my new nephew or if things change my own kid, so he can experience what I never had.

Now that that that's out of the way I need some words of wisdom on some wiring I have a few hiccups and it's nothing forseeably major.

I have a white and green wire, and empty brow connector at the front and a grey wire that are raising eyebrows for me.

The grey wire runs from clutch side control straight back to the blinker relay with a female spade connector not sure where that plugs in.

Brown connector comes off to connector to rear tail light. My guess just empty?

Then I have the white can green connected to brake switch and the relay in the rear. Goes up to headlight buck splits into two. But I have 3 connectors that require connection from fuse box, left control and right control.

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2018, 04:58:07 am »

I have a white and green wire, and empty brow connector at the front and a grey wire that are raising eyebrows for me.
For clarity, is a White and a Green, or a Green with a Yellow striped wire?
The White and the Green would likely be for the headlight.
If it’s a Green with Yellow stripe, that’s the front brake switch.
The Grey wire runs to the Turn Signal Flasher under the left side body panel.

The grey wire runs from clutch side control straight back to the blinker relay with a female spade connector not sure where that plugs in.

Brown connector comes off to connector to rear tail light. My guess just empty?
Solid Brown is tail light running power

Then I have the white can green connected to brake switch and the relay Do you mean the rear brake switch?in the rear. Goes up to headlight buck splits into two.

But I have 3 connectors that require connection from fuse box, left control and right control.

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline westhewelder

• Enthusiast
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2018, 07:14:51 am »
White and green the part that confused is is the loop in and out of the connector in the diagram pictured.

The brown wire is run from switch to female connector which is empty in the headlight bucket then back to the tail light.

And the grey wire isn't pictured on the diagram.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk