Author Topic: Vintage Tank ID, Anyone?  (Read 640 times)

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
Vintage Tank ID, Anyone?
« on: October 07, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »
Just thought I'd try to draw on the diverse knowledge of the group... Does anyone have an idea/suggestion/opinion about what this tank came from? Notice the four-point mounting and, obviously, the factory mount for a gauge.

Thanks, brothers!

RR
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline jgger

• Master
Re: Vintage Tank ID, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:38:58 pm »
Cushman or some such thing???
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:48:11 pm »
Thanks, Jigger, but nothing I found in Cushman. The only brand with tank mounted gauges I've found is Arial, but none of those seem right, either...

RR
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:39:58 am »
This may be no help to positive ID, but I do not think the gauge looks factory stock. I say that because all the bungs welded were by MIG, the tank shell looks to be MIG, but the gauge tunnel is TIG welded. That says to me "custom" or "non-stock".

Just an idea.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:33:42 am »
It's probably a Wassel or peanut tank, with mounts cut off, new ones added,  plus the amp guage. From a custom bike, could be anything..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way