Author Topic: Need to borrow a puller adequate to remove TC in my '78 CB750A  (Read 1086 times)

Offline TdLpps

Need to borrow a puller adequate to remove TC in my '78 CB750A
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:36:09 pm »
Happy Friday!

I need to check in with the Hondamatic collective to see if anyone has access to a puller that can be used to remove the torque converter from my bike.  Enough racing projects have been completed here, I'd hoped someone who had to do it, too, might have one.

The attached picture is the Honda tool.

My build is complete and the bike is running break-in miles in preparation for the 2019 Ironbutt Rally.  Unfortunately, I've got to pull the torque converter.

If someone would let me borrow one, I'd send it back with some extra $$ in the return box.

Thanks.

Todd

Offline TdLpps

Re: Need to borrow a puller adequate to remove TC in my '78 CB750A
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:52:40 am »
Am replying to my own thread.....I know, bad form.

Anyway, I did not come up with a puller for the torque converter.  Long and short, even though it's shown in the service manual as necessary to remove the converter, it isn't needed.  The fit of the torque converter to the main shaft is snug but not so tight to require a special tool to remove.

I am documenting this way after the fact in case someone in the future gets hung up on torque converter removal.