Author Topic: Why can't I send topics anymore?.  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
Why can't I send topics anymore?.
« on: February 06, 2019, 02:55:31 pm »
In the past if I find a topic that particularly interests me I would hit the send button and send it to an email address to keep for future reference.
About 6 months ago this feature stopped working and when I try to send a topic a notice appears that says invalid character used and the topic wont send. I have checked the characters and they are all correct to no avail.
Anyone else have this issue?, or any tips on how to fix it?.
Thanks

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• SOHC/4 #3 - Member since 1994
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • The SOHC/4 Owners Group
Re: Why can't I send topics anymore?.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:58:26 pm »
I’ll have to look into this.  This is the first time I’m aware of this particular issue.  This could be a server issue or have been caused by one of the software updates that happened over the past few months.  It will take a bit of time to sort out.

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:02:11 pm »
Thanks Glenn. I just checked and it was about June 2017 that this problem started. Have lost count of the number of times since then that I have tried to send topics.

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 03:16:09 pm »
That narrows it down.  I gave it a try and ran into the same error.  After some quick searching, I found that this appears to be related to a software bug introduced in an update around May 2017.  I also found a suggested fix, but I’ll need to investigate it further when I have time - probably Friday - since it will involve making a code change and doing some testing.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.  I’ll post back to this thread when I have more information to share.

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 11:16:48 pm »
Any progress with this Glenn?
Still not working for me.

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• Administrator
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 02:54:12 am »
In case you didn't get my email, this is fixed.  A software bug from 2017 that has apparently not been fixed in subsequent updates.