Author Topic: approval number cb 750a hondamatic  (Read 1341 times)

Offline ORAZIO

approval number cb 750a hondamatic
« on: March 02, 2019, 12:22:29 pm »
Hi guys
I bought a cb750a hondamatic coming from the uk and set by the USA
To nationalize it in Italy, you need the approval number. Surely on US or Canadian documents exists on the Registration document. Who helps me?
Orazio

Offline jgger

• Master
Re: approval number cb 750a hondamatic
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 04:07:31 pm »
I don't  think many here know what the approval number is, can you explain what in more detail what you are after?  Are you referring to the VIN ( vehicle identification number)?
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline ORAZIO

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 02:47:42 pm »
Hello
I refer to the number with which a model of motorcycle is registered with which tests and tests have been carried out on the motorbike to be placed on the national market.
the number usually starts with DGM ......... or OEM ....... or other abbreviations
Orazio

Offline Erik

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 11:44:23 am »
Orazio, I’m afraid you are heading in the wrong direction. As far as I know every vehicle in every country needs some homologation. In the US this would have been done by the Department of Transportation or DOT. Don’t forget however that we are talking about the mid seventies, and homologation only started at the end of the sixties. But, and this is a big but, you are living in Italy, and Italy is part of the EEC. Legislation in the EEC states that if a vehicle has been homologated (and homologation in the UK is still fairly easy) and registered in a member state, then any other member state in the EEC has to accept this vehicle. My Japanese Hondamatic had been registered in the UK and thus the Belgian authorities had to accept (and therefore homologate on an individual basis) my bike. Bad news after Brexit I realise when writing this. So I would advise to forget about the US homologation and concentrate on the UK acceptance and registration.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Offline ORAZIO

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:29:38 pm »
hello Erik just what you say.
In the request for Italian nationalization, the original approval of the bike is requested (I believe that of the USA because in Italy this model has never been imported) I hope that the BREXIT will delay a few months, so that I can complete the documentation.
At the moment the CB has not arrived yet and I'm very worried !!
Orazio

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 05:37:17 pm »
USA bikes have a statement on the VIN tag: "This vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above"
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 06:44:44 pm »
Scott that applies to USA,
 Every country has their own standard. I think called Compliance.
 I think he means , if you have it, it is easy to register, But if they never imported that model to Italy, they may have never been approved.

I have seen on some bikes in Canada, a round ? Sticker . White reflective background, with I think an outline of a Maple Leaf and some letters and numbers.. all in black against the white background.
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way