Author Topic: Vincent Rapide  (Read 1556 times)

Offline emlupi

• Hot Shot
Vincent Rapide
« on: June 10, 2019, 11:35:30 am »
Went for a ride up to the Tower at. Bear Mountain Park over the weekend. I saw these two gentlemen riding their Vincents. Not something you normally see out and about on most days. The guy in the photo says he has another one at home. I guess some people just have it that way.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Vincent Rapide
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:06:31 pm »
 If one is good two is better..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:54:03 am »
Bloke not far from me (not quite the end of the world....but you can see it from here) has several including a black lightning.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:57:00 am by Old Moe Toe »

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:07:51 am »
.Plus a heap of Broughs and other collectable Pommy bikes. It is nice to see them at local shows, plus he rides most of them from time to time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:09:29 am by Old Moe Toe »

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 05:56:05 am »
  A couple of older advanced collectors with some deep wallets.  Nice seeing them out riding that old iron !

Offline emlupi

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 08:14:32 am »
Agreed. It really was a great day to be out. I usually get to see something out of the ordinary up there on nice days. Also saw these bits of British iron up there.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 02:04:18 am »
As lovely as they are, a mate of mine hates his Vincent because it's such a pig to start, so usually rides his late model Ducati instead, but the Vincent is his retirement nest egg. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
I've only seen 'em in shows, never out "in the wild"
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 05:10:57 pm »
To his credit, the local bloke who owns so many of these bikes does take them out riding often. Usually with the British motorcycle club.
He did say he thought it unlikely he would take his Black Lightning for a ride as it did not have a kickstarter and no electric start as it was set up just for racing.

Offline carnivorous chicken

• Master
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »
I bought a CB160 from a guy in Boston who had two Vincent Rapides, both in amazing shape. Seems a little far to be the same guy but you never know...

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 06:31:33 pm »
Back in the 70's when they weren't considered anything special, my dads cousins (two brothers) were members of the Gipsy Jokers MC. Back then Outlaw bikers here predominantly rode British bikes (although some had Harleys) so Ray and Dave rode Vincents. They had 3 between them, (one was chopped) plus probably enough spares to make up a few more.

I haven't seen either in years, they'd both be in their 70's now, I wonder if they still have them? Hmmmnnnn..... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 03:50:33 pm »
Back in the 70's when they weren't considered anything special, my dads cousins (two brothers) were members of the Gipsy Jokers MC. Back then Outlaw bikers here predominantly rode British bikes (although some had Harleys) so Ray and Dave rode Vincents. They had 3 between them, (one was chopped) plus probably enough spares to make up a few more.

I haven't seen either in years, they'd both be in their 70's now, I wonder if they still have them? Hmmmnnnn..... ;D

Sounds like an excellent reason to reach out to long-lost family.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 04:36:49 pm »

Sounds like an excellent reason to reach out to long-lost family.

Yep I'll have to ask my mum if they're still around, they also had Matchless and Ariels, including at least one square four. Might be a huge barn find of British Oil Distributors! ;D

Offline emlupi

• Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 07:42:52 am »
Oh man, wouldn’t that be something! One can only dream.