Author Topic: Guy walking down my driveway, Again.  (Read 448 times)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Guy walking down my driveway, Again.
« on: July 24, 2019, 08:14:58 pm »
 So this guy comes down the driveway with two cb750 sidecovers in his hands. He speaks loud and early so I won't be surprised and he says HEY, I heard you're into those 750 Hon,,,, (sees the bikes in the shop), Holy cow! I guess I heard right!  Anyway, he gave me two old beat on sidecovers with cool 70's paint.

Side story, His son got a header I wanted at an  estate sale. He thinks I'm mad about it. I went home with a sandcast and a drag bike and was still under my budget. Not mad. The bike sold after the header, I wasn't spending a penny of my budget until I got that bike.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:48:38 pm by Don R »
If the things you own end up owning you, it's better to be owned by some cool things.

Offline jgger

• Expert
Re: Guy walking down my driveway,
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:33:46 pm »
Peace offering? That was awful nice of him, or maybe casing the joint.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: Guy walking down my driveway,
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 07:47:18 am »
 After giving it some thought I think I knew his Dad. Too bad he was on the clock and only had an extended break time to talk. I did hear about his Dad's 40 Indian. He had 3 sons and sold it so they wouldn't fight over it. 
If the things you own end up owning you, it's better to be owned by some cool things.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: Guy walking down my driveway, Again.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:53:12 pm »
 So the guy that brought the side covers showed up again. This time he brought me the black headers that were on my dragbike when the original owner raced it. I didn't understand why the family sold the dragbike parts separate.  Anyway they were free. He said just because I appreciated the bike and the other parts he brought. His son is moving and has to dispose of some stuff, that also played a part. 

Offline 74cb750

• Old Timer
    • old japanese parts and bikes
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 03:13:16 am »
What the heck.....are you really That nice a guy?  ;)
Laugh at least once a day.
Life  $ucks, then you die.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
God forces us to live with  non-believers to test our resolve.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 12:05:00 pm »
 No, but he is. Also he said my wife was his Mom's realtor and helped them get a house after his Dad passed. Apparently, she found them a house that worked and a bank that would work with the family. He never forgot. 

Offline rocket johnny

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 01:17:51 pm »
good deeds never go unpunished

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 07:50:53 am »
good deeds never go unpunished

That's a fact. I offered to repair a lady's dune buggy (good deed) and it's turned into a total engine overhaul (punishment).  With multiple challenges.

;
Honda