Author Topic: High Beam Switch not working M-unit V2  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Northern Flyer

• 1973 CB750K The Precious
High Beam Switch not working M-unit V2
« on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:37 pm »
I'm finishing up the build on my 73 CB750. I've added LED turn and brake signals, tail light, mini gauges, M-unit V2 (original).
I am using stock style handlebar switches; the on/off light switch is on the right side and high beam is on left side.
There was a post/exchange between Monkey04 and calj737 for the same issue except my wire colors differ from what calj737 described.
I am using an aftermarket Honda style switch(s).
I have not had the bike running yet but everything seems to be working except the high beam switch. My wire colors are as follows:

White - Light input on M-unit
Orange - Left turn signal
Lt Blue - Right turn signal
Orange/White - ignored
Blue/White - ignored
Grey - ground
Blue - ignored
Lt Green - Horn
Brown/White - ignored
Black/Brown - ignored
Black/Red - ignored

If I touch the grey and white wires together, the high beam on the headlight comes on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Offline gbal06

• Hot Shot
Re: High Beam Switch not working M-unit V2
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 04:03:50 pm »
not to hijack but I have the same issue with the munit.  Did you ever figure out the issue?

Offline hagar24

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:31:43 pm »
I'm finishing up the build on my 73 CB750. I've added LED turn and brake signals, tail light, mini gauges, M-unit V2 (original).
I am using stock style handlebar switches; the on/off light switch is on the right side and high beam is on left side.
There was a post/exchange between Monkey04 and calj737 for the same issue except my wire colors differ from what calj737 described.
I am using an aftermarket Honda style switch(s).
I have not had the bike running yet but everything seems to be working except the high beam switch. My wire colors are as follows:

Did you connect the wires for the high beam to the m unit, there should be a in and out on the box

White - Light input on M-unit
Orange - Left turn signal
Lt Blue - Right turn signal
Orange/White - ignored
Blue/White - ignored
Grey - ground
Blue - ignored
Lt Green - Horn
Brown/White - ignored
Black/Brown - ignored
Black/Red - ignored

If I touch the grey and white wires together, the high beam on the headlight comes on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 06:32:29 pm »
Ground the Grey wire
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis