Author Topic: Southwest ON used Honda parts - CVMG Paris Rally?  (Read 918 times)

Offline otbmf

Southwest ON used Honda parts - CVMG Paris Rally?
« on: October 27, 2019, 07:19:44 am »
Hi all -

A question about local used parts in SouthWestern ON

Just starting reassembly of a '77 750 K, and finding that some parts are missing / shot, for example headlight bucket and hardware (it came with a Vetter Fairing, I thought the headlight assembly in the Vetter was the orig from the Honda, turns out no, however the fork stays were in one of the boxes :) also the brake fluid had been drained from the caliper, unfortunately with the piston almost fully recessed in the pot...

The bike is a bit rough cosmetically, I'm only focused on putting it together and seeing if it runs - I don't need original bits (the exhaust is aftermarket anyhow).

So I came across the vintagecb750.com/ site and it looks to be about $ 150 CDN for a headlight bucket and related parts, about 170 for an aftermarket caliper. I'm in no hurry, anyone have an opinion, is this the sort of thing that gets sold / swapped at the Paris rally, and cost? Or is this like asking how long is a piece of string?

I found a stock bucket only on ebay, it would be about $70 to get...

Thank you

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Re: Southwest ON used Honda parts - CVMG Paris Rally?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 07:09:23 pm »
OTBMF........ I am east of Toronto, but probably have what ever you need. I’m sure I have a head light, trim ring etc., and a brake caliper for a K7. To get the piston out, I made up a fitting that screws into the brake line hole and has a grease nipple threaded in. I few pumps with a grease gun, piston out! Call me with a list of parts? John D. (705)277-1545.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:36:27 am by BenelliSEI »