Author Topic: Ignition switch issues  (Read 1015 times)

Offline cbCaferacer

Ignition switch issues
« on: October 31, 2019, 04:49:43 pm »
Hey all,

recently bought a project 78 cb550k. Bike was in decent shape but the wiring job done on this thing was a mess. Long story short, before i took it apart I confirmed everything was working, came to me firing on 3 cylinders and wouldnt idle. Fixed some wiring, changed the plugs and was good to go. I began to take apart the harness and ran into an issue. I now only have the ignition switch, starter magnetic relay and alternator wired in. Every time i turn the key, the main 15A fuse blows. There definitely arent any live wires grounding somewhere (hence why I have so little wired up, just want this thing to turn key~!). I've attached a diagram of what I have wired. The ignition switch look aftermarket, its got a crank position like a car ignition. It DID work before i took everything apart so im 99% sure its some missing or incorrect wiring to the ignition switch on my part. Any one see whats wrong with my ig switch wiring?

Thanks,

Happy to join the club!

Offline Smowzer

• 1976 CB750 K6 custom
Re: Ignition switch issues
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 09:17:34 pm »
Man, seems like no one has touched this in over a year.. I'm sure you've solved this issue by now, could you update? Thanks!