Author Topic: Thinking of getting a delkevic 4 into 1 for my k7 750, what do you guys think of these exhausts?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Pielz

• Hot Shot
I am thinking about ordering a delkevic system. Not sure if I should go with the megaphone or straight muffler. It actually looks like the megaphone may have one extra baffle setting. Has anyone here fitted one of our 750s up with one? Will crash bars interfere with these?

Any pics would be super helpful as well. Especially if you've also got a k7 or k8.

Love the idea of stainless steel. I just wish I could try the megaphone and straight muffler and see what sound I like best, If there is a big difference.

Offline CaptFatCat

I have the Delkevic 4 into 1 stainless straight muffler on my k8 engine on a k2 frame. I wish I would have got the megaphone because it looks more like the Kerkers I ran years ago.
The strait pipe has 2 options, baffle in or baffle out.
Did not need any rejetting.
Looks good and sounds good since i removed some fiberglass from the baffle.
Center stand works well with these headers.
Before you install them make sure to clean the factory oil off or they will turn gold on you. I had to take them off and polish the gold color away, they look great now.
Tight seal, no leaks. just make sure you get all the mountings in place before you tighten everything together, mine fit well to the inside of the passenger peg.
I dont know about crash bars (never had any).
The spring tool works great.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:57:32 am by CaptFatCat »
Resurrecting a Herman Munster CB750 from a few old baskets of K2 and K7 parts.

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
I’ve installed a couple and really impressed with the fit, both times. Certainly the best value for the money!

Offline Pielz

• Hot Shot
Thanks! This is really helpful. My friend has a 1980 GS850 and he got the megaphone option. It has 3 baffle options with 2 removable inserts. But I only liked the sound of the middle setting anyway. The straight muffler doesn't come back far enough to block access to the rear axle, right? From pics it looks like it's significantly shorter than the megaphone option too.

Offline Pielz

• Hot Shot
I’ve installed a couple and really impressed with the fit, both times. Certainly the best value for the money!
That was what I thought too. I've only encountered one in person and it wasn't on a cb but was an inline 4.

Also it's pretty great that they're stainless. Don't have to worry about holes rusting through

Offline WhyNot2

• I'm finally an
  • Master
I've got a set (str8 muffler) on my CB350F, and am considering getting some for my CB750K5.

Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Will probably get the megaphone set for it though.
If it ain't raining, I'm riding.....~~{iii}?~~prost

If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, it's because I cut and pasted from someone else.

Offline Pielz

• Hot Shot
The megaphone muffler sticks out pretty far from the side of the bike. I have to fit my bike through the man door on the shed I store it in so I think I might have to go with the straight muffler.

Update me if you decide to do it!