Author Topic: Project Ginger Racer! 1975 CB750K COMPLETED!  (Read 44408 times)

Offline Mayor08

• Enthusiast
Re: Project Marmalade NOW Ginger Racer! 1975 CB750K Almost There!
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43:49 pm »
Thank you Architect it's been a pleasure rebuilding the bike it was one year ago today that the accident happened.  It did give me the opportunity to correct more than a few things like the paint and address some other items that I decided not to tackle at the time like wheel bearings.  I revised your bracket a bit I removed the spacers then moved it to on top of the clamp it works better with this set of bars.

Scottish ex-wife Brit Mistress

Offline Mayor08

• Enthusiast
Re: Project Marmalade NOW Ginger Racer! 1975 CB750K COMPLETED!
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2012, 03:23:50 pm »
Hi All!

I have not posted on my build for quite awhile mostly because I consider the project completed (I should change that Subject line) however today my bike Ginger was featured on the Bike EXIF facebook page!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151353635677741.400209.51822757740&type=1 

http://www.facebook.com/BikeEXIF 

I am really floored, humbled, and honored by this and almost speechless I cannot stop grinning!

Thanks to everyone for their support throughout this project and thanks to the forum it is a wealth of knowledge!!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:03:02 am by Mayor08 »

Offline Mayor08

• Enthusiast
Re: Project Ginger Racer! 1975 CB750K COMPLETED!
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2020, 12:47:57 pm »
It is difficult to believe it has been 10 years since I embarked on this project.  Since then I have accumulated thousands of miles ridden (12k+), new friends, picture in Cafe Racer magazine (centerfold but you'd have to squint!) a few awards and many stories to tell. 

Getting hit by a DICK in a Lexus (yes his name really was Richard) in downtown Chicago.  He did ask if I was "OKAY" before driving off!

Like loosing the rear brake/tail light over a wicked bump on the Ohio turnpike in the dark about 10pm on my way to the Steel City Mods vs Rockers. (and not knowing it until the next morning)

Changing fouled spark plugs on the side of the road on a return trip from Steel City Mods vs Rockers (without rear brake/tail light entire way).

A couple of road trips to the Twin Cities from Chicagoland through Wisconsin crisscrossing the Mississippi river.

Helping others with classic Honda's and other bikes

Riding over the Golden Gate Bridge in dense fog (sphincter clenching!)

Breaking down on the Bay Bridge in San Francisco at 9pm at night after about 350 mile ride through NorCal with the Cafe Racers of the Peninsula ride group.  (turned out to be one of the coils had a loose connection)  Had to get towed off the bridge then I pushed it back to my apartment building. 

Being featured on the BikeEXIF Facebook page

Breaking the pull throttle cable a few miles from home and then pulling it out and operating with my right hand by yanking on it.

And various upgrades throughout the bike... progressive front springs, CR carbs & dyno tune, levers, LED lighting, pipe wrap, and other stuff.

A great 10 years without doubt.  If my neighbor hadn't just gifted me a 1974 CB550 I might be refreshing the build!  This will need to wait until after this riding season the 550 will get my full attention in about 3 weeks and may even appear on the projects page. 

Just wanted to share my nostalgic reflection of this build and the journey I have enjoyed.  Many thanks to this forum and the people on it.

Jamie