Author Topic: Brembo Swap 77 CB750F  (Read 1368 times)

Offline mechE_custom25

Brembo Swap 77 CB750F
« on: March 21, 2020, 02:54:57 pm »
Hey all,

So I’ve dissembled my brakes and have come to the conclusion that I need a brake rebuild kit that includes the whole 9 yards (pistons). Because of this I’ve found redoing my brakes are going to end up with me putting down somewhere in the $500-600 range for drilled rotors, full caliper rebuild kit including pistons, and brake pads. Because of this I’m interested in potentially snagging some Brembos off a part out Ducati. I have a modern master cylinder due to purchasing new levers and will be making stainless braided brake lines as well. I’m new to the game but all in on it and intend to have my bike be an amazing finished product and would be willing to draw up brake rotors and a mount on Solidworks to be machined if necessary. Obviously that would involve a lot of metal and would likely be rather expensive so I’m looking for anybody that has any idea of a way around that that doesn’t involve all of that or a fork swap because I would like to keep my front end. Anybody able to help me out with some ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Brembo Swap 77 CB750F
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 06:58:43 pm »
 It's fairly easy to do . First do you want wire wheel or not ?
 If you want wire wheel , get a front wheel from 450 to 1000, and then get 6 bolt rotors. Yam and Duc are I think same bolt pattern as Honda .
 If you want 5 bolt get rotors  if you can find bolt up. Will need spacers,
 Calipers are fairly easy require some alum plate or flat bar 3/4 or 1 inch thick. Part of one side will need to be milled off about 1/2 thickness.. easy on a mill, but could be done on a drill press if you are clever..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:07:19 am by 754 »
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline mechE_custom25

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:56:40 am »
It's fairly easy to do . First do you want site wheel or not ?
 If you want wire wheel , get a front wheel from 450 to 1000, and then get 6 bolt rotors. Yam and Duc are I think same bolt pattern as Honda .
 If you want 5 bolt get rotors  if you can find bolt up.
 Callers are fairly easy require some alum plate or flat bar 3/4 or 1 inch thick. Part of one side will need to be milled off about 1/2 thickness.. easy on a mil bot could be done on a drill press if you are clever..
I am looking to keep the stock alloys on it because I do like the style of them. From what I’ve found the Duc rotors are 320mm which is a lot larger than stock 750f rotors.

Do you know anything about swapping dual front to single front? I’d be looking to do that as well. Don’t think I need dual front brembos because
a. They don’t do that on Ducatis
b. Im workin on a budget that doesn’t include buying ab extra brembo caliper

In reference to the callers, I assume we’re talking about a spacer for the rotor due to what ive seen for most 320mm rotors they lack the offset that the 750f has stock because its actually a pretty massive offset.

I appreciate your response and hope you’re finding time to build during this thing haha

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 08:05:29 am »
 Sorry ,callers was meant to say calipers.
You do need spacers , most times, between rotor and hub.
 Yes 300, 310, or 320 mm.. that is the whole point, replace a  marginal brake  with a much better brake. .
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:02:53 pm »
Your F front brakes can be upgraded with bolt-on parts, for much less than $600; not sure where you got that number from??
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,89771.0.html
A 320mm Ducati rotor can be adapted, and with a 32mm two piston caliper and 14mm master cylinder can be a decent single rotor system, in my experience. ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:08:33 am »
What Scott has in the pic is a Morris wheel which replaces the 6 bolt wire wheel. We find 6 bolt is pretty easy to work with for conversions.  The aluminium bracket between caliper and fork is what you have to make. Like I mentioned possible to make on a drill press but tricky, far easier to do on a milling machine.
dodogas99@gmail.com