Author Topic: Cb550 front brakes  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Kyle2020

Cb550 front brakes
« on: May 26, 2020, 08:56:45 pm »
Replacing the front end that came on my cb550 to put a stock one back one. I need to replace the entire front brake system. I believe I can get away with caliper rebuild kit. Does anyone have part numbers for links for replacing the upper and lower brake lines along with the fitting connecting the two.
Question two. Choosing a universal master cylinder or rebuild the original?

Offline dramabean

• Los Angeles CA
Re: Cb550 front brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 09:05:54 am »
^Literally having this same question. I still have stock but its shot on my barn find. Was thinking of just getting 4into1's kit off amazon for the lines. But looks like I'll need to buy some additional crush washers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS2RZDU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3FU5TBQS82L5W&psc=1

But not sure if my master cylinder and brake lever are just gone for good. Would rather get a new one to be safe. Anyone have any recommendations that aren't super high priced? Does not need to be OEM.

Thanks!

Offline flatlander

• Old Timer
Re: Cb550 front brakes
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 10:39:11 am »
i recently got some stainless steel braided lines from HEL.
they are absolutely great quality. and their service was also good. after ordering their standard set for the 550 they contacted me to ask if i was actually using the original hard line to the caliper, or needed the lower one to go all the way down.