Author Topic: Cb750 k4 carb kit  (Read 1019 times)

Offline 1monkey1

Cb750 k4 carb kit
« on: June 03, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »
Hi
I am looking for a carb kit for a cb750 k4 sohc. Have looked at David silvers can only find the gasket kit the other parts are separate. Ideally I want the full kit. With separates I will probably forget to order something!
Have also looked on eBay but the prices seem to vary quite a bit. Plus you never know what you are getting, could be a quality one or cheap and nasty one. Untill it arrives!
So any recommendations appreciated

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
Re: Cb750 k4 carb kit
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 02:26:18 pm »
Hey Monkey!    You need to be careful buying aftermarket carb kits, the cheap ones are worthless.  The jets are not the correct size and can make tuning near impossible.

Check all the brass in your current carbs and determine if they are genuine Keihin. If so, just clean and reuse, them just buy gaskets.

Good luck!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline HondaMan

• Someone took this pic of me before I became a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ...not my choice, I was nicknamed...
    • Getting 'em Back on the Road
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 05:23:42 pm »
All you should need is new float bowl seals, like #20-8035 here:
https://www.partsnmore.com/parts/honda/cb750k/?filters[category]=carburetor&filters[fitting]=custom
and possibly new float valves, #48-5009 (same place).
If the fuel tees leak (very rare) you will need 8 O-rings in size 1.9x7.9 or 2x8mm. If you can't find those, PM me for a set, they are cheap.

When you remove the brass parts, soak them in carb cleaner or lacquer thinner overnight, then poke all the holes clear. The pilot jets are small, and if you can't see thru their tiny hole it might be blocked. If so, get a piece of stranded wire (I use one strand from a #16 AWG wire) and poke thru from the top side to the bottom side, as that is the direction away from the crud. The hole is tapered and tiny, so go a little at a time until you can poke thru. Clean them all up, reinstall. The float level is 26mm in those carbs, measured from the notch on the sides of the body to the tops of the floats without pressing down on the float valves.
See SOHC4shop@gmail.com for info about the gadgets I make for these bikes.

The demons are repulsed when a man does good. Use that.
Blood is thicker than water, but motor oil is thicker yet...so, don't mess with my SOHC4, or I might have to hurt you.
Hondaman's creed: "Bikers are family. Treat them accordingly."

Link to Hondaman Ignition: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=67543.0

Link to My CB750 Book: https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=my+cb750+book

Link to website: www.SOHC4shop.com

Offline 1monkey1

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 02:19:54 pm »
Thanks for your reply's
Will be starting the cleaning of the carbs in a couple of weeks