Author Topic: Dyna S and m-unit  (Read 1148 times)

Offline tacc13

• Enthusiast
Dyna S and m-unit
« on: June 20, 2020, 06:30:05 pm »
Been trying to work out how to wire the Dyna S and m-unit but need some help/confirmation to get over the line. Bike is kick only with m-lock.

1. The yellow cable from the Motoscope 6 pin connector goes to any coil. Does it matter which terminal it connects to?

2. Black wires from each coil are joined and go to m-unit IGN.

3. Dyna S black wire (with yellow shrink) is split to other terminal on coils 2 & 3?

4. Dyna S white wire (with blue shrink) is split to other terminal on coils 1 & 4?

5. I think the red wire from the Dyna S would normally be spliced into the black coil wires. Not sure what I do with this with the m-unit?

Thank You

Offline tacc13

• Enthusiast
Re: Dyna S and m-unit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 02:44:06 am »
Just read another CB550 Dyna S guide which states the red wires go to the 12v brake light wire. So assuming AUX on the m-unit would work.

Offline macvit7906

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 02:23:09 pm »
Just read another CB550 Dyna S guide which states the red wires go to the 12v brake light wire. So assuming AUX on the m-unit would work.

yep im at the same part. red from the dyna ignition goes to any switched 12v power. you could splice into the power going to the coils from the ignition on the m.unit, or use aux. Just then make sure the aux is configured to be on with ignition on, if it isn't already.

The yellow wire from the motoscope goes to either coil ground pulse wire (yellow or blue wires from OEM diagram i think), NOT the switch 12v wire coming from the ignition on the m unit to the coils.

Then on the motoscope you have to configure the gauge for a 4 stroke 4 cylinder engine so it registers the correct RPMs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:25:44 pm by macvit7906 »

Offline tacc13

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 07:52:37 pm »
Much appreciated. That's almost all my wiring done. Just have to wait for the new master cylinder so I can wire up the brake light.