Author Topic: MotoGadget Chronoclassic Speedomtere - RPM setting?  (Read 916 times)

Offline macvit7906

• Enthusiast
MotoGadget Chronoclassic Speedomtere - RPM setting?
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:08:07 pm »
Anyone running a motogadget chronoclassic speedo?

So I read the whole manual for the chronoclassic.

You're supposed to splice into one of the coil ground pulse wires and that gets connected to the yellow wire on the chronoclassic speedo to read RPMs.

From there you have to change the RPM setting on the chronoclassic to get it to read the correct RPM depending on 4 stroke vs two stroke, # of cycls and coils.

The RPM setting I need to change is ImpENG, however it does not give the value needed for a 4 cylinder, 4 stroke, two ignition coil engine (CB750)
anybody know know what the setting should be? it goes from 0.25 all the way to 9 in .25 increments. I need the RPMs displayed correctly for start up, tuning, ect.

Any help is appreciated!

Online calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Re: MotoGadget Chronoclassic Speedomtere - RPM setting?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:24:55 pm »
Use the value of “1”. There’s a typo in the manual - GSXR SHOULD BE 4 cylinders, two coils.
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline macvit7906

• Enthusiast
Re: MotoGadget Chronoclassic Speedomtere - RPM setting?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »
Thank you sir.

You could teach revival cycles a thing or two