Author Topic: Flying Recliner  (Read 2882 times)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Re: Flying Recliner
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:37 am »
Back to the PC800...... very few in Canada. About a year ago, I spotted one for sale not far away. Later model, bright red and in extraordinarily perfect condition. Low mileage too. I took it for a short ride in his neighbourhood and it was super quiet and pulled nicely. His price was reasonable, but ever the optimist, I said I’d call him later...... Five hours later it was already “SOLD”.

Maybe I really didn’t need it?

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 12:30:53 pm »

Maybe I really didn’t need it?

Here ya go John....$1600...

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1989-Honda-PACIFIC-COAST-PC800-5017195963

No, you dont need it but do you really want one?!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 06:50:30 pm »
God, it looks like a tub of ice cream, on wheels....... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 05:38:21 am »
God, it looks like a tub of ice cream, on wheels....... ;D

Says the man finally building a 750A! I agree, the white is hideous. Red/grey was not quite so “fat arsed”........ having recently sold my wife’s KLR650 (she rides mine on the rare occasion she wants her own ride), the orange K4, and the Chopper, I could almost rationalize one as “her bike”?

HELP!!!

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 07:46:21 am »
My buddy with the 64' Norton Atlas 750 has a Pacific Coast. Now we call him Captain Plastic Fantastic. He really likes it but it is a pain to work on. When I have to work on it I make him remove all of the plastic bodywork.
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1981 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Online Mr. Mike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 05:25:21 pm »
Reflecting back on Terry’s comment about “when I’m in my 70’s……….I’m 70 and working on a Z1!
I guess I’ll switch to the Ruckus when I can’t handle the fours.

Reflecting on your comment about Terry’s comment, Terry also made this comment  “....wind in their vaginas” which caught my attention. Way back in high school...I mean waaay back in high school one of the funniest titles one could hurl at another (guys only of course) was “twat head”. Hearing this again made me laugh. And we need to laugh more.
2002 Electra Glide
1978 750K
1966 CL77 (sold)
2020 CB500X

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 06:30:33 am »
I guess I’ll switch to the Ruckus when I can’t handle the fours.

....the funniest titles one could hurl at another (guys only of course) was “twat head”. Hearing this again made me laugh.

Classic definition:

twathead:
someone who's head looks like a vagina.
'That guy has a huge twathead'

Modern:

Twathead:
Justin Bieber's hair style.
(when doing a haircut) "Can i have a twathead? Just like Justin Bieber, girls at school love it."

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 05:08:16 pm »

Apart from the obvious fugliness of the whole thing, we couldn’t get over how wide it was in the rear? I suppose the good thing about owning one is that it’ll never get stolen...... ;D

To be sure a few of the scratches on mine are from getting used to the amount of plastic covering up the stern. Mostly turning into the driveway too close to a bumper or barb-q.

I think our town has a regular crew that scours the town for items in unlocked cars, or the occasional vehicle with keys, my goof. When I pulled up there were two excavators running and a city construction inspector hanging out past 5:00.  There was activity in the yard and I parked in the street,  jumped off to blabber with the inspector, turned the key off and left it, never intending to park there long.

But that big trunk was apparently enough to get this crack head a promotion in the organization. There was a brief case with all kinds of stolen mail, bank records, credit applications, credit card applications, keys to who knows what, etc. all of other people.

Guy has a seven year probation they are trying to revoke for re-do of the same sh8 over, and a bench warrant.  He is headed to prison if they bring him in.
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 07:03:25 pm »
Yep, this is proof that drug affected scumbags will steal anything. I've often wondered what I'd steal if I was that way inclined (I'm often drug affected, but I think I have some standards) and the problem is that it'd have to be a rare and unique motorcycle that I'd have to steal from a museum because I'd never steal another guys bike, and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell it, so it'd stick out like dogs balls to the average highway patrol cop, when an old drug affected scumbag roared past on a Vincent Black Shadow or similar.

Many years ago I was killing time in Adelaide so I went to visit the Birdwood Motor Museum. The place was empty and you could fire a shot thru the place without hitting anyone. I was admiring some Brough Superior SS100's, the bike made famous by T.E. Lawrence, "Lawrence of Arabia" and was really impressed in the beautiful engineering details of these bikes. It was a really hot day, and the old museum wasn't airconditioned, so they'd left the side door to the carpark open, to circulate the air.

I must admit I did think about just wheeling one of these beauties out into the carpark and into the back of the van that I was driving, but being that I was in uniform, and it was an Army van, it probably wouldn't have been a good career move, in hindsight. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't steal anything less than a Vincent or Brough, I guess that's what separates most of us from the dirtbags....... ;D   
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2021, 04:39:09 am »
Getting close to 5,000 miles I've put on the Helix.  !,000 mile oil change intervals they prescribe, and soon new rubber. Other than that completely trouble free and in this heat advisory ventilation  on yer balls ain't bad.
^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/