Author Topic: Man Cup finals in November.  (Read 6508 times)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re: Man Cup finals in November.
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2020, 07:40:06 pm »
This electric motorcycle ended my race weekend.  I redlighted. 🤨

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:28 pm »
I made rounds on 2 of the 3 bikes. I'm looking forward to a better season overall next year.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2020, 04:46:13 pm »
Would you rather get beat  by an electric or an automatic ?
 Bet you did not  hear the e bike  as you passed it..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2020, 05:33:29 pm »
The truth is I didn't even pay attention to what type bike it was when we lined up. I didn't realize it was an electric motorcycle until a day later when it became a hot topic on a Facebook page. It was at that moment I hung my head in shame. Lol

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2020, 11:41:51 pm »
 We quit running multiple classes in our dragster, it's too hard when you get into late rounds to make the turn around. Now that we have enough amps charging it might work better.  Usually one class is a pro tree and one is a bracket handicap start. We never know until our first time run if the pro tree is going to be .400 or .370, they went to the .370 at NHRA for the pro stock bikes so they didn't have so many red lights. If we don't know and are at an nhra track my driver sets her delay box at .000 and we see where the first RT ends up. Then we know.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2020, 06:39:53 am »
The truth is I didn't even pay attention to what type bike it was when we lined up. I didn't realize it was an electric motorcycle until a day later when it became a hot topic on a Facebook page. It was at that moment I hung my head in shame. Lol

J Frankie, what the heck went wrong when you ran against the Electric bike ?
Personally, I wouldn't even dream about racing one over the standing quarter, they are so unpredictable off the line.

Sam. :(
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2020, 07:46:23 am »
I had my usual race ending red-light Sam. Had I known it was an electric motorcycle,  I probably would not have pushed the tree. As you mentioned,  its probably not as consistent as some may think. I would have raced the stripe instead.

J Frankie, what the heck went wrong when you ran against the Electric bike ?
Personally, I wouldn't even dream about racing one over the standing quarter, they are so unpredictable off the line.

Sam. :(

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2020, 05:18:22 pm »
 I'm wondering if an e bike can feed the power on at a set rate? Can an E bike run a no electronics class? Is that an Oxymoron? 
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2020, 08:32:07 pm »
So the Live Wire, comes with Traction Control System  TCS
 Drag-torque Slip Control System.. DSCS .. plus  2 more unrelated to the drags
 Sport, Road , Rain , Range...modes plus 3 programable ones..
 So the question  remains .. can you switch  while riding... that would be sort of trick..
 So yeah , a few choices there..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 03:58:20 am »
Great job and you had fun, so that counts for a lot. So many forms of fun we had have been limited this year. Bike and rider do look mighty fine indeed!
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2020, 07:47:30 pm »
Yes, its been one crazy year overall.  We did get some  limited racing in beginning mid season. We took as many precautions as possible to keep ourselves save. We only associate with a very tight circle of like minded friends and it seemed to keep us all from harmful exposure.  If someone attempted to intrude upon our space that took a nonchalant attitude about covid,  we quickly expelled them. We are all over 60 years old and in that vulnerable age group so protecting each other is paramount. 

I enjoyed my short season. I didn't end in a win but I did have a few runner-up finishes. I didn't blow up anything and we didn't get hurt while competing so I'm pleased for the most part. I've got some work to do in the off season on several of the bikes and want to resume work on a new dragbike project.  I can only hope that 2021 will be a good season from beginning to end.  Unfortunately I foresee a lock down coming due to rising virus cases throughout the country. Regardless,  I can only pray to remain healthy moving forward along with the rest of my family and friends.  The plan also includes getting my brother comfortable on the new bike so he can race some next season. My regular SOHC racing friends have abandoned me so I'm trying to groom a few replacements 🤣. Anybody ready for a few drag racing lessons??🤪

Great job and you had fun, so that counts for a lot. So many forms of fun we had have been limited this year. Bike and rider do look mighty fine indeed!
quote author=RAF122S link=topic=184415.msg2144810#msg2144810 date=1607342300]
[/quote]

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2020, 09:59:09 pm »
 Hey there  is a CycleDrag video of Franks Honda against the Live Wire ...on you tube..
 Just watching it now..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2020, 10:26:47 pm »
Frank, you forgot the link....
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2020, 10:56:29 pm »
I know , I am pretty dumb  that way will take a pic of page.
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2020, 11:51:53 pm »
Link to the piece on the LiveWire at the races that day...
Yep, Frank has some video of him going up against the LiveWire and of him in the background as they are interviewing Donnie about the LiveWire.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re:Final points, street ET
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2020, 02:13:46 am »
So it seems i finished at number 11 in points for street ET. I'll take  that spot graciously since i missed one race and got no points added from that event. It was a weird season to say the least. I Like to at least make the top ten in each class i enter but its okay for 2020.

https://mancup.info/street-et-2020-points/

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2020, 09:21:50 am »

LMAO

Highlight the link. right click. left click on copy. left click here to set the cursor. right click. select paste. done.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2020, 11:24:21 pm »

Jerry, we need to get you out on the dragstrip next season. Its your time my friend. 

LMAO

Highlight the link. right click. left click on copy. left click here to set the cursor. right click. select paste. done.

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2020, 10:59:21 pm »
Frank, for all the crap that 2020 put you through getting bikes there and the mess with all the changes which were often illogical and near the last minute by organizers I think you did very well. You don't get practice in because of no local opportunities  then you can slip in your muscle memory just like being off a bike for an extended period due to an injury or life or Covid, etc. It can dull your edge. So, I would say you did really well given all the challenges of 2020. Congrats! Way better than I or most of us following this thread could do. You are out there doing it!

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2020, 03:22:02 pm »
Thanks. I tried to be in the mix of competition a little bit this season.  You're correct in saying it's been a crazy year thus far. I'll be glad to see 2021 though I'm now concerned we'll see the possibility of lock downs once again due to the 2nd wave of Covid cases. I personally won't have an issue sitting out a full season if it'll help get things back to some form of normality.  Lets all do our part now, unselfishly,  so 2021 will be an awesome year for us all.

I'm not certain right now what I'm going to do competition wise. I'd like to finish  the fuel injection system installation on my VW dragster so I can race it the entire season,  I've got a door car that I want to race locally as well so I'm probably going to pick and choose carefully the motorcycle drag racing events we attend.  The car events are basically all close by and are one day races whereby most of the bike events are a minimum of two days and require a good deal of traveling to get to each venue. Those events require overnight lodging so the costs add up quickly. I'm not getting any younger and want to try other things before my body, and my mind,  no longer allows me to be competitive.

I thinking both Bill and Wilbur will be ready to race again in 2021 and maybe Larry also. I don't know what TREY is doing out in Texas but he still had the bike he purchased from Dave. He may pop up at some point as well. A few of the guys up north with SOHC dragbikes mentioned attending some races also. I still can't get Jerry to commit to joining us on the drastrip but he's been working hard on both his bikes to get them dialed in. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone to get motivated enough to show up at least once.

Frank, for all the crap that 2020 put you through getting bikes there and the mess with all the changes which were often illogical and near the last minute by organizers I think you did very well. You don't get practice in because of no local opportunities  then you can slip in your muscle memory just like being off a bike for an extended period due to an injury or life or Covid, etc. It can dull your edge. So, I would say you did really well given all the challenges of 2020. Congrats! Way better than I or most of us following this thread could do. You are out there doing it!

Offline mark ward

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2020, 01:03:05 pm »
Hey Frank, the red light start did not outshine your fine representation of a SOHC Honda, with it's ongoing consistency; and your rock-solid launches, all done without wheelie-bars!
    And beware of continued lockdowns; as this is the plan for those trying to destroy the nation's working-class. Most news agencies won't admit that 80-90% of the positive Covid test-results, are false positives. Many RN's, MD's and PHD's have been whistleblowers about it; but mainstream news will not show the truth.
       Funny how nobody died from the flu or pnemonia in 2020. And total # of deaths this year were actually down.
Keep your immune system boosted with zinc, D3, A and C.  Most of us in our 60's wish we were in the great shape you are Frank!

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2020, 01:55:02 pm »
A couple things about the guy on the electric.. he is an experienced drag racer. One of his gas bikes was also running there..
 He also red lit that day.... not only once...but twice..
dodogas99@gmail.com

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2020, 04:29:47 pm »
It just seemed like I was in a big fog this season. I was simply going through the motions but I still enjoy being out in the mix of things and seeing my racing friends though we shied away from our normal end of race day ritual of eating out in a restaurant together.  I missed the bench racing and evaluating our daily runs in hopes of improving the next day. The whole damn routine was just "off".

In the end,  I'm happy to have been physically and financially able to pursue my passion of drag racing and I'm extremely grateful 🙏 for my life.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 03:19:36 am »
Hang in there frank

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1 1/2 gl1100 goldwings
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline mark ward

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2020, 06:03:49 am »
Amen Frank.   I'm grateful for all your unselfish contributions!