Author Topic: cam swap  (Read 1210 times)

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
  • Adelaide South Australia ...
cam swap
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:22:54 am »
You blokes reckon it's worth a cam swap (1970-71 Hondaman idea) for my 1977 auto...??? ,it needs a new head gasket, so it has to come out anyway, but im gunna stick with the same pissy little carbs, would just be a poofeenth difference in the seatometer ...??? ,not worth the chasing for one...???

might polish the head a bit seeing it's off, but thats about it, what say the learned folk on here...???

vik... 

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
Re: cam swap
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 04:39:09 am »
G'day Vic,

Welcome back to the fold. I thought Uncle Tez told me that you had sold your A's.
Apparently any of the earlier K series cams are a good fit.
If the head is coming off surely a valve job and a set of rings would be worth considering.
There will be others with more knowledge on this subject than me, I'm a noob as far as 750A's are concerned.
Mine arrived last weekend. ;D

Cheers,
Brian 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 04:44:28 am by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:25:47 am »
tez and all his medication, not surprised... nah... I sold the runner (i had two) to get a newer bike i could ride every day with out the break downs, now i can relax and plod on to get the non runner going . coin is the drama so it will take time.
What did you get...??? From Jon in Franger .??? got my two from him... he seems to be bringin in a few...

vik...

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 06:11:40 pm »
No, I bought a '77 model in Wisconsin and Nic AKA Tews19 did the leg work for me. For which I will be forever grateful.
I organised all the freight and import stuff from here.
I'm very pleased with the bike. At this stage I just need to chase up brake pads/shoes and a rear grab rail/indicator mount and I should be good to go.
We'll see. ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:09:56 am by bear »

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:19:03 pm »
If ya come across a grab rail X2 grab one for me, I tried and tried... they are a \l/ of a thing to get on the centre stand with out one...

Sounds like ya did alright...  8)

My 76 has a few differences from the 77, callipers, carbs rims, so quote your year for the right #$%*... ;-)

vik...

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 04:38:17 pm »
If ya come across a grab rail X2 grab one for me, I tried and tried... they are a \l/ of a thing to get on the centre stand with out one...

Well there's no chance of me getting mine on the centre stand grab rail or not. :D
That won't be an issue though, I have a DJP sidecar that I will be bolting up to it.
The chair has been sitting outside at the back of my shed since the the mid eighties.

Offline vik351

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 05:09:38 am »
wart the fark...???
I bloke who I gave my A to sold it to a bloke in Tassie who was gunna fit a side car to it FFS ...

old bloke as well... ;-)

vik...

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 05:19:30 pm »

old bloke as well... ;-)

vik...

Jeez Vic I'm only 61. I'd like to think I've got a few good years left in me. ;D