Author Topic: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.  (Read 56011 times)

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2022, 08:00:18 pm »
+1 that's wonderful.

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2022, 01:26:51 pm »
Found my grease gun today after a few hours digging in storage, I really didn't want to buy another. Have I mentioned how much I dislike not having a shop?

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2022, 03:30:16 pm »
I woke up this morning (which is always a good thing in itself) and realised that in only 10 weeks I’ll be starting my Christmas vacation, my happiest time of year. I am so looking forward to having a month off work to do what I want to do, I can’t wait. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2022, 09:05:08 pm »
I woke up this morning (which is always a good thing in itself) and realised that in only 10 weeks I’ll be starting my Christmas vacation, my happiest time of year. I am so looking forward to having a month off work to do what I want to do, I can’t wait. ;D

Sounds good Terry  8) what would you like to do ?
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2022, 09:15:51 pm »
Sunday is only 84 days until it is Christmas Day
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:48:54 am by RAFster122s »
David- back in the desert SW!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2022, 02:31:47 am »

Sounds good Terry  8) what would you like to do ?

Pretty much what I do every weekend Bill, find an excuse not to mow the lawn, and ride my bikes! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2022, 11:23:15 am »
 I'm doing the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow, it is a lot easier to drink than the old stuff was. I could barely make myself drink that stuff, this isn't bad at all.   
 Soon I expect to be off to the races.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2022, 12:20:03 pm »
I'm doing the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow, it is a lot easier to drink than the old stuff was. I could barely make myself drink that stuff, this isn't bad at all.   

Very true Don. I have to have an Endoscopy every six months to monitor a medical condition I have. It isn’t fun…

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2022, 12:22:26 pm »

I just had mine done 2 months ago,since 6 years..
The old stuff montelucast,whatever:that stuff is hard to stomach.
I like the new stuff much better also.
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2022, 12:59:35 pm »
I’ll see your colonoscopy drink and raise my barium test Don. After I had my gut surgery I had to be X Rayed to make sure there were no leaks in my new plumbing, which requires you to swallow this chemical while the radiologist zaps you, it was the grossest thing I’ve ever done.

As an aside, it was the radiologist who discovered that I had an impacted bowel (pretty much what killed Elvis, in a roundabout way) so I then had to have my first (and only, I’m happy to say) enema, possibly the most embarrassing medical procedure known to man. ;D

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2022, 12:46:19 am »
yeah ive had a coupla bum hole scans,gotta drink that sour sweet #$%* stuff,at least last time it was only like 500ml not two #$%*ing litres of vile slime,tell you what though you still gotta be sitting on the dunny while you drink it!

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2022, 06:00:39 am »
I’ll see your colonoscopy drink and raise my barium test Don. After I had my gut surgery I had to be X Rayed to make sure there were no leaks in my new plumbing, which requires you to swallow this chemical while the radiologist zaps you, it was the grossest thing I’ve ever done.

As an aside, it was the radiologist who discovered that I had an impacted bowel (pretty much what killed Elvis, in a roundabout way) so I then had to have my first (and only, I’m happy to say) enema, possibly the most embarrassing medical procedure known to man. ;D

After my ole lady had our daughter, I had to give her a enema.
She was laughing and crying laying on the bathroom floor. I was laughing bc she was laughing. Same thing she was impacted. I was surprised man that thing really did the trick.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2022, 12:56:30 pm »
 I had a few snips, with a little luck they weren't too bad.
  I would be in the shop except for the guy that was there after mowing his lawn the day of his procedure and had to come in with bleeding for another go around. 

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2022, 07:20:12 am »
 This would be more of a mixed blessing, I got a job as an election judge. A week from Saturday I get a class, it was optional since I've been a judge for our union several times and know the rules in a neighboring county that uses the same machines with paper ballots. We even did a full mail in election during covid. My mother was a judge and thought it was important to participate, I think it gave her a sense of community.
 I wanted to attend the class to be sure of all of the rules since I witnessed a judge acting inappropriately at the last election. Maybe should just have volunteered to be a poll watcher.

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2022, 08:50:24 am »
This would be more of a mixed blessing, I got a job as an election judge. A week from Saturday I get a class, it was optional since I've been a judge for our union several times and know the rules in a neighboring county that uses the same machines with paper ballots. We even did a full mail in election during covid. My mother was a judge and thought it was important to participate, I think it gave her a sense of community.
 I wanted to attend the class to be sure of all of the rules since I witnessed a judge acting inappropriately at the last election. Maybe should just have volunteered to be a poll watcher.

Thank you for doing, Don.

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2022, 10:15:01 am »
 My lab report from colonoscopy came back clear. Whoopie.

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2022, 01:57:32 pm »
Glad you got a clean bill of health Don. Thanks for stepping up on being an election judge. Some reports in Phoenix area of people filming others dropping their ballets and harassing them and even as far as following them briefly, cops are cracking down on this bull... Intimidating voters is illegal and they clearly are going too far.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2022, 04:37:54 pm »
I've gotta get new glasses, I thought Don got a job as an ERECTION judge! I mean, times are tough and all that, but even so.........

I did my tax return this week. I was pretty sure I'd ticked all the boxes, so went to the summary, and to my horror, it appeared that on top of the $34K I've already paid in income tax, they wanted another $1800? Fcuk! I went back to check all the boxes again and discovered that I hadn't ticked the box to say I have a VA Gold card and don't have to pay the 2% Medicare (tax payer funded "free" medical) levy, so I ticked that box, did the calculation again, and now they owe me $910, woohoo! I'd much rather that they owe me, and not the other way around. ;D

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2022, 08:06:25 pm »
I've gotta get new glasses, I thought Don got a job as an ERECTION judge! I mean, times are tough and all that, but even so.........

I did my tax return this week. I was pretty sure I'd ticked all the boxes, so went to the summary, and to my horror, it appeared that on top of the $34K I've already paid in income tax, they wanted another $1800? Fcuk! I went back to check all the boxes again and discovered that I hadn't ticked the box to say I have a VA Gold card and don't have to pay the 2% Medicare (tax payer funded "free" medical) levy, so I ticked that box, did the calculation again, and now they owe me $910, woohoo! I'd much rather that they owe me, and not the other way around. ;D
Terry, he has to go to a class for it too...
Must pay really well...wonder how many women tried to get that job ..? Hahaha

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2022, 09:32:56 pm »
Terry, $910 is the beginning of a new project or fuel for bikes or fuel for you! ;D
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Online Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2022, 08:55:50 am »
 Hey, like the man said $20 is $20. lol. 

It's 11am and 60F degrees outside on 10/22, there's a win.  My Walnut tree made my house look like it has a thatch roof. The stems let go before the leaves did this year.

I found a piece of obsolete heatilator flue pipe that I need to re-connect my fireplace to a new chimney and cap. $100 and a two-hour drive but we're meeting at a restaurant, so we get to eat somewhere new too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 09:43:17 am by Don R »

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2022, 10:21:45 am »
Don, I'd say that's a win-win...you get to enjoy the fall views of Illinois, however bland they might be...at least you have more wooded areas than most of Indiana and many of the small towns retain their historic charm. Not that some of that doesn't still exist in parts of Indiana.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2022, 11:38:14 pm »
I decided to replace the mirrors on my K2 with OEM style mirrors because I've never really liked the aftermarket mirrors that I put on it when I built it 5 years ago. I saw some on Ebay for $20 each with free shipping and thought that was pretty cheap. They arrived today, two packets in the one parcel. I opened one packet, and there were a pair of mirrors in each! Woohoo, 20 bucks for a pair of new mirrors is a bargain! I'll keep the other set for a K1 I want to start building soon, I think the OEM style mirrors are about the best I've used. ;D

Online BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2022, 04:15:03 pm »

Good for you Don. I’ve done this a few times, and in our rural community, it makes for an interesting day. Covid messed it up a bit, and I forgot about it. May do it again....

Terry..... I once bought some wheel nuts that way. Instead of 16, I got 64!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:17:03 pm by BenelliSEI »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2022, 07:45:52 pm »

Good for you Don. I’ve done this a few times, and in our rural community, it makes for an interesting day. Covid messed it up a bit, and I forgot about it. May do it again....

Terry..... I once bought some wheel nuts that way. Instead of 16, I got 64!!

Thanks John, a new RK 630 chain arrived today and I couldn’t remember ordering it, turned out I was doing some drunk EBaying last week and decided that I need a new chain for the K1 that I haven’t started to build yet….. ;D