Author Topic: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.  (Read 55818 times)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Re: The Happy-ish Thread. Share your small wins and mixed blessings.
« Reply #1550 on: August 14, 2024, 02:46:08 pm »
Sync’d the carbs on the Sandcast this afternoon. After struggling for ages with the bench sync and the infernal 4-1 throttle cables, it only took a few minutes and it’s running spectacularly well! Very happyish!

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #1551 on: August 17, 2024, 11:11:06 pm »
 We had our big car cruise friday night. We hired Joe Zolper from the Builders Brawl drag race series and Garage Squad TV to bring his Daytona for the afternoon and evening. The guy is a pro and a genuine hoot to be around. He built not only the Daytona but also built the toter home from a used semi tractor.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #1552 on: August 23, 2024, 09:24:12 pm »
 One of our kids took us to see Nate Bargatze, his opener was a riot. There is a John Deere plant near there that just had a layoff so they can move jobs to mexico.
  A few folks came in late and the opening comedian said oh, nice to see the rich folks come in late, got dropped off, don't have to fight the traffic, sit in the front row, probably had a busy day laying people off. Crowd went OOOOooh. Funny man said that's the problem with being in the 1%, there's so few of you. Dang, he went right for the jugular.
  All 5 guys there were hilarious.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #1553 on: October 08, 2024, 06:05:10 am »
On the family sedan Chrysler 300 I disconnected and reconnected a connector and now the backup camera works.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
I had to go to court on Monday. Well, if I’d paid the parking ticket I wouldn’t have had to go to court, but I don’t like bending to my local councils cash grabs, which was all this is, every year they see where you’re parked and issue you with a council parking violation ticket, this one was around $80, US.

Now like a lot of local councils ours has been infiltrated by hippies and greenies who would fine you for farting and producing greenhouse gas. They’re so corrupt that their first attempt at issuing parking fines was during COVID lockdowns when everyone was working from home (if they were lucky enough to keep their jobs) and due to so many objections they withdrew the fines, but they came back with a vengeance and have been fining us for parking on the sidewalk (footpath, nature strip, etc, depending on where you’re from, so every year I’ve been sending them back and ticking the box to say I’ll go to court.

Well finally after 3 years I received a summons to go to court on Monday. As it turned out, my courtroom was just for people from my area who had received parking fines. I was getting a little pissed off because I’d been there for 2 3/4 hours before my case came up, but it was good as I’d had time to listen to other people’s excuses and saw the reaction from the prosecution and the magistrate and I was able to see what punishment they copped.

The magistrate was female and appeared pretty fair so if the other folks pleaded guilty they were either found guilty or innocent, if guilty the magistrate took in consideration that they’d pleaded guilty and didn’t make them pay the fine, but they had to pay court costs (averaging between $70 and $120) and had to accept a “good behaviour” bond for 3 months. (If they break the law for anything in that 3 months they had to pay the original fine/s plus whatever they get for their other crimes)

Anyway, I finally came up, and told the magistrate a much shorter version of what really happened, (mostly BS, infused with a modicum of the truth) and I was very happy that the magistrate swallowed my story hook, line and sinker, and I was found not guilty. That made me happy as it was the first “Not Guilty” judgement the magistrate had made all morning. Obviously I didn’t hang around to see how the other folks made out after me, but I did wonder if anyone else got off completely….. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
Good job Terry!
Now time to work on your future speeding on your bikes without paing for it! ;D
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Good job Terry!
Now time to work on your future speeding on your bikes without paing for it! ;D

Thanks Per, I haven’t had a motorcycle speeding ticket since 1978, but the law takes a more stringent approach to speeding fines so I just pay them. I did go to court once to fight a car speeding fine but I relied on a statement I heard on talkback radio by the police commissioner that the fixed speed cameras were calibrated every 3 months, so my argument was that as the speed camera that got me was calibrated 5 months before the alleged offence it could be inaccurate.

Neither the prosecutor nor the magistrate knew the calibration length so the magistrate retired to his chambers and checked, and it turned out to be 12 months. I didn’t get a fine, but the offence was found proven and I had to make a $100 to the trauma ward of the Alfred Hospital (that mostly treated vehicle injuries) and was put on a good behaviour bond of 6 months, which I thought sucked balls. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Online grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
I had to go to court on Monday. Well, if I’d paid the parking ticket I wouldn’t have had to go to court, but I don’t like bending to my local councils cash grabs, which was all this is, every year they see where you’re parked and issue you with a council parking violation ticket, this one was around $80, US.

Now like a lot of local councils ours has been infiltrated by hippies and greenies who would fine you for farting and producing greenhouse gas. They’re so corrupt that their first attempt at issuing parking fines was during COVID lockdowns when everyone was working from home (if they were lucky enough to keep their jobs) and due to so many objections they withdrew the fines, but they came back with a vengeance and have been fining us for parking on the sidewalk (footpath, nature strip, etc, depending on where you’re from, so every year I’ve been sending them back and ticking the box to say I’ll go to court.

Well finally after 3 years I received a summons to go to court on Monday. As it turned out, my courtroom was just for people from my area who had received parking fines. I was getting a little pissed off because I’d been there for 2 3/4 hours before my case came up, but it was good as I’d had time to listen to other people’s excuses and saw the reaction from the prosecution and the magistrate and I was able to see what punishment they copped.

The magistrate was female and appeared pretty fair so if the other folks pleaded guilty they were either found guilty or innocent, if guilty the magistrate took in consideration that they’d pleaded guilty and didn’t make them pay the fine, but they had to pay court costs (averaging between $70 and $120) and had to accept a “good behaviour” bond for 3 months. (If they break the law for anything in that 3 months they had to pay the original fine/s plus whatever they get for their other crimes)

Anyway, I finally came up, and told the magistrate a much shorter version of what really happened, (mostly BS, infused with a modicum of the truth) and I was very happy that the magistrate swallowed my story hook, line and sinker, and I was found not guilty. That made me happy as it was the first “Not Guilty” judgement the magistrate had made all morning. Obviously I didn’t hang around to see how the other folks made out after me, but I did wonder if anyone else got off completely….. ;D

Lol   :D
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.