Author Topic: ARD mark II FYI  (Read 510 times)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
ARD mark II FYI
« on: November 12, 2022, 11:58:51 am »
  I didn't want to post more ARD stuff in the performance parts for-sale section and didn't find one that applied to this so I started a new one.
   When setting up my ARD mark II for testing I noticed the large replacement stem that goes in the end of the crank and replaces the stock advancer stud. There are a couple of these ARD's for sale on ebay but they seem to be missing that part. I'd guess someone bought the engine and didn't notice the stud wasn't stock and left it on the engine.
 Also, a guy that posted a report online about setting up his Mark II had to manufacture that stud. Edit, I looked and my mark 1 also has a special stud there.
 This particular model is self-powered with no external voltage, 12V applied to the kill switch wire will kill it permanently.
  Terry and others have seen different types of Mark II or later ARD mags that may or may not need voltage but this particular one does not. I'll try to post pics of both mark 1 and II tests. My video was too big.

Edit, we think the mark II dist. cap is fiat X19, the belt is the same length as the mark 1 mag but .250 width rather than the .375 of the mark 1 .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:07:05 am by Don R »
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Re: ARD mark II FYI
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 12:19:26 pm »
 I'm posting pics for Pfribley, the two blue wires go to the CD box, the yellow goes to the kill switch, the bl/wh and red go to the coil, there is a green ground on mine too.
 My distributor cap has no electronics inside, it's just the cap and rotor. Some newer ARD's may actually have an electronic distributor there.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 12:28:29 pm by Don R »
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.