Author Topic: New CR750 build  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Megabusa

Re: New CR750 build
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2022, 04:31:30 pm »
Eric,
I really appreciate any input on this subject as this part is the only main obstacle to get the bike on wheels - given the object to stay as close as possible with the original Dick Mann CR. Well, not quite true as I am chasing the bracket for the front brake and both Daniel Mercier and Andy Smith has an out of stock situation. Any hint for that one?

Bjarne
CR110
CR93
CB450

Offline H2Eric

• Hot Shot
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 03:20:40 am »
Bjarne
I've located a 2LS rear brake complete with alloy rim. There are a unfortunately couple of snags, (1) its going to be expensive and (2) there is someone who has already expressed an interest in purchasing it. However, I've been promised a price if the other party decides not to proceed.
The good news is that I've also located a right-hand brake caliper mount. Just waiting for a decision on the price.
Both items are here in the UK so shipping and import taxes will have to be considered.
The CR750 rolling chassis is still for sale. See post dated 7th January 2020 or search for 'CR750 Chassis for sale'. All you will need is an engine.

Regards
Eric
Honda CR750
Honda CB750K3
Kawasaki 750H2B
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB175
Honda CB350F
Yamaha R1

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,94588.0.html

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Offline gschuld

• Master
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2022, 03:42:42 am »

Offline richmagee7

• Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 03:56:27 pm »
Subscribed.

Offline Megabusa

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 07:14:44 pm »
The rolling chassi should absolutely have been an alternative, given the fact that I would have known it´s existence and that it was for sale! Surely many gray hairs could have been spared (not really - I´m all white up there as the scull is 80 years old) and also meant that the time-line could have been so much shorter.
Now that I already is in the building process and spent much (wife says too much >:() of the pension fund, I have to convince myself that the process of finding parts and build them together is in itself a journey that is a tick-in-the-box.

Eric - can you PM me so we can find solutions to get this Lady in Red on the ground!

Bjarne
CR110
CR93
CB450

Offline Megabusa

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2022, 06:06:37 am »
Some new pics from Daniel Mercier to show how the frame has got her new skin! She is for sure a real beauty and she is now ready to get dressed in attitude from the 70´s.....

CR110
CR93
CB450

Offline Megabusa

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2023, 05:02:26 am »
Well over a year since I updated the progress of my build but now it´s time to continue the info and try to feed in my attempts when chasing parts and the struggle to fullfil the idea of being as accurate as possible towards the bike of Dick Mann. The reason of not having been on this forum is that I have not been personally active in the build up until now. Daniel Mercier started my project when he modified the frame last year, with the objective to get it to Sweden last summer. For different reasons this was not practical since Daniel found bits and pieces and I asked him to mount them on the frame rather than shipping them individually.
To make a long story short (and I can assure you that I have been very eager to get it to my home as soon as possible) time has elapsed and finally I felt that it had to happen. So a freight was ordered May 8 and believe it or not . it arrived June 22nd! I was almost sure that the shipment was lost somewhere down in Europe!
Nevertheless, she is now here and the hunt for parts will now be more active, while I at the same time will continue with the parts I already have. i.e. meggas and tank, instrument panel and fairing.
Tires is still an issue and the clash between being true to the original and the need to have a better grip has so far ended up with Dunlop TT100. Anyone who has a better proposal?

CR110
CR93
CB450

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2023, 07:32:15 am »
Interesting that tubes were fitted zip ties to the rims. Nice looking CR... I hope your search for the components for completion comes together quickly. There is a fellow who hand builds the flowing exhaust pipes but not like the CR... Scott in SC has a set built for a CB550 he built a few years ago. Melody from the pipes was glorious. They one on Scott's bike had sweeping curves.
David- back in the desert SW!