Author Topic: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.  (Read 45955 times)

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
    • https://vintage.dennisball.us
Dennis, good on you keeping up with toe old workmates. That is a cool looking breakfast place. Is the 2nd floor residence? A $6.00 breakfast is good too, I paid just a tad over $18.00 for a burger, fries, and a soda yesterday on my ride.........more on that later.

I believe the lady who runs the place does live upstairs Jim.  Other than the cook, she runs the place all by herself.  The old crew try to get together at least once a month.  The MET job at Home Depot is pretty tough, but we had one of the best crews I've ever work with.  We all got to be pretty tight.

It is amazing how much the price of breakfast can vary from place to place.  We are lucky in this area that almost every little village has a local eating place with good home cooking and decent prices.
Dennis...  74 CB550  79 CBX  82 Seca Turbo  2011 CBR  2012 NC700X

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
Re: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.
« Reply #901 on: June 16, 2024, 12:31:33 pm »
I have front and rear wheels in my garage with new tires, Michelin Road classic 4.0-18  and 3.25-19.

I put Road Classics on the Turbo and love them.  Wish I'd put them on the CBX instead of the Battle Axe.....

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
I have front and rear wheels in my garage with new tires, Michelin Road classic 4.0-18  and 3.25-19.

I put Road Classics on the Turbo and love them.  Wish I'd put them on the CBX instead of the Battle Axe.....
My K6 with 130/80-18 on 3.0" rim lasted very long.
I hope the stock size will last like that. Over 8000km despite several rubber grinding dyno runs.
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
#30 65 miles / 104 kilometers.  Changed the oil and filter in the Turbo yesterday evening and polished off the bugs too.  She looked so good I thought I'd go for an early morning run today before the heat got too bad.

Had to pickup a few things at Walmart, then check to see how things were at Mom's place.  Looks like if I get out there in the next day or two I might get enough cherries for another pie.  Black raspberries are ready for first round of picking too!

Stopped to gas up on the way home.  141 miles on 2.935 gallons of gas for 48 mpg.  Not bad for a 42 year old bike that really scoots.   :P

Offline willbird

• Expert
#34, 130 miles, headed North to Territorial road, East to Adrian, South to Delta, OH then home, 413 miles on new bike in 7 days. will call tmw to schedule 600 mile service for Friday :-).

Bill

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Thanks guys, and great rides. Yesterday was the “shake out” ride just to make sure the Hindenburg isn’t going to let me down due to the fuel pump issue.

I really need to find the plastic plug assembly that screws into the early K100 tank so I can use the wiring harness that burned off and plug it into the original fuel pump relay, but so far haven’t found one, so I got the pump to work by running another cable I bought for a car’s generic electric fuel pump, but the fuel warning lights aren’t connected so all I can do is calculate the fuel mileage from the trip meter, which I can’t reset as the knob was melted on the old instrument cluster.

I just filled it up and knew that I could easily do the route I’d planned with no need to stop and fill up. No biggie, the lady I bought the other engine from says that she probably has them. I’m thinking about buying a heated vest. While my hands were cold without the heated grips on, they did a pretty good job, but I really froze my core which was why I decided against riding another 10 miles for taco’s. The chicken pie was ok, but a Hindentaco would have been better again. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass
Ride #22, 217 miles.

So last Sunday I rode south and exited the Hill Country.  Today I rode northwest and exited the Hill Country.  The plan was to ride a big loop, but it ended up being a figure eight when I took the wrong road in Mason and instead of heading west to Menard I ended up heading north to Brady, TX.  No big deal.  I was going to ride through Brady anyway, but in the opposite direction.  I stopped at the town square in Brady to reset the Bluetooth connection on my old junkie phone that I use for navigation.  It keeps dropping the connection.  I think the phone has taken about all the shaking it can and is nearing its end.  While there I snapped a shot of the old courthouse and an old movie theater that's across the street.  It's rare to see old theaters in these small towns.  When I do see them, they are usually shut down.  The only other one I can think of that's still open is the one in Llano.

As I was heading out west from Brady towards Eden it was a much more gradual exit from the Hill Country.  Not so abrupt as the south side where it's almost instant...you're in the Hill Country and then you're not.  The hills faded slowly from Brady to Eden.  There was still a bit of up and down, but I wouldn't call them hills, more like ripples.  Lots of sheep up that way.  Saw a wool buyer's place in Eden.  Lots of windmill farms up that way too.  I also rode past an I.C.E. detention facility.  Looked like a prison.  Lots of razor wire.  I stopped for some gas at the main intersection in the tiny town of Eden, which was at the northwest corner of my ride, and couldn't help but notice the mural.  Looked like a nice photo op to me.  Too bad the girl wasn't holding a bass (guitar).

My time in Eden was short.  As I headed south, a few miles outside of Menard the hills started to appear again.  There's not much in Menard either.  I've ridden through it before.  I contemplated continuing south to Junction, but I've been through it a couple of times on recent rides so I figured I should stick to the plan, or as close to it as I could being that I was actually riding in the opposite direction from what I had intended, I kept riding.  I took a break in Mason at a convenience store.  Had a cold drink and a bag of peanuts.  Got back on the Scout and that bag of peanuts was functioning as an appetizer.  I was getting hungry and was hoping the BBQ joint in Llano that I like would be open.  But I had a feeling they would probably be closed, and they were.  Topped up the tank in Llano and headed home.

I have a package I need to ship tomorrow.  If my plan comes together, I'll be heading out on ride 23.

Nice to see Terry post a ride, been wondering when we would see you again in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 04:50:21 pm by budman »
Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline gearsoup

• Enthusiast
  • Maine, USA
First "big" ride of the season, 177 miles. Went from my home in Southern Maine to Rangely Maine and back. Rode with my brother with his '74 CB550, my sister on her Suzuki sportbike and a friend from church. Was a good time, Maine is beautiful riding  8)
Current Project: CB750-K6 (hoping for OEM look)
Future Project: CB750-K8  (likely go wild on this build)

Online newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
First "big" ride of the season, 177 miles. Went from my home in Southern Maine to Rangely Maine and back. Rode with my brother with his '74 CB550, my sister on her Suzuki sportbike and a friend from church. Was a good time, Maine is beautiful riding  8)
Congratulations on getting started on your rides, yes there are some great riding there in the Rangely area.

While you were riding the lakes there in the Rangely area,

I rode around the lakes region of NH today for #10, 185 miles.
I started off at 8am, 54°F for a chilly ride on my K5 up through Laconia to the Weirs for the last day of Bike week to meet up with Mike Vachon on his K1 and his son on the 2014 CB1100. We stood around in the sun warming up and talking with a few people who stopped by to admire the bikes then headed off to wander through some of the vendors and see the various bikes parked along the street for a hour.  Then we took the long way up around the lake to head east and south to Mike's place as I was headed that way to see my 97 yr old mum and help my oldest sister and her husband cut some trim molding around the new shower.
By the time I got home at 7:30 it had cooled down from the 76° high(a grand day of riding) to the mid 60s, I was bushed and ready for some dinner and a western movie, Wild Horses, Kenny Rogers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 02:03:47 pm by newday777 »
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline jgger

• Master
My turn! Saturday, I was able to get out for ride #22, I wanted to try some known places with some new to me places. I did a little freeway, then some mountian, then some open Desert, a national park, more freewy . Then home.

I hit the road around 11 o'clock and it was 85°f/30°c and hazy, I knew I was in for some high temps, but that doesn't bother me. I aimed for Cajon junction where Hwy 138 crosses route 66. Route 66 doesn't really exist any more in one piece and my path crossed and ran parallel to parts of it. I took a couple of pictures for Terry, then parted ways with the mother road. 138 is right at the edge of the Mojave Desert and when i exited the temp was up to 91°f/33°c already. The road runs past Silverwood Lake then heads up into the San Bernardino national forest to a town called Crestline. From there I went by Lake Gregory and picked up Hwy 18, which is the Rim of the World hwy. The views from up there on a clear day are so awsome, too bad it was a bit hazy.i wandered around there lost for a bit, found my bearings, and headed farther up the mountian towards Big Bear Lake, boy do I LOVE the new Kenda tires I mounted a few weeks ago! On the North side of the lake is the town of Fawnskin, for whatever reason it seems to be dieing,  I have many fond memories of that place from my childhood,  it is so sad to see it now.

So on with th ride, I have alot of ground to cover still. The whole time on the mountian the temps stayed in the mid to upper 80's f, or 29 to 32 c. Next I headed down the backside of the mountian towards Lucerne Valley where things heated up. As I came off the mountian, it got pretty windy and.was a pretty consistent 102°f/39°c, I can live with that, it's the desert. By then I was getting hungry, so I figured I would try out a biker burger place I had passed on a ride last year. I ordered up a chees burger.,fries and a Dr Pepper and it was pretty good. So this ride I was actually able to post a real food pic! Found a shady table and ate outside, when it's that hot (102°) it's best to not hang out in the AC because you will never come back out. So after lunch I hit another road that goes down to Yucca Valley, that section held temps at 102°~104°for 39°~40°c all the way into Yucca Valley.  At this point I figgerd I should get some gas, I had already covered 167 mi/268kms, and Eeyore drank just shy of 4 gallons. Next up was Joshua Tree national park and as I was approaching the entrance my dash thermometer said 107°f/42°c! As I rode through the park I hit a picnic area for a water break, found some shade and enjoyed about a quart  of water. Before my water break the temp was dropping to 97°f/36°c and I was afraid I might need to put on another layer to fight off the cold, but i just tuffed it out. Being rested and cooled I figgered it was time to head home, so off we went towards Palm Springs and the rest area at Whitewater. As luck would have it that's when the wind picked up and the sun was low enough to blind me as I headed west. I can take one or the other, but not both at the same time. I knew I couldn't do anything about the 24 mpg wind but the sun was sinking, I still had coffee, so I waited it out. I pulled back on the freeway at that twilight time of day where it's still light but the sun is gone, I love that time of day! So by the time I got home the temp was down to 75°f/24°c and an awsome 322 mile/518kms ride was in the books, only 2 more to go!

But wait there's more! When I came in the house there was a steak being marinated and a baked tater in the toaster oven! So I grabbed an adult beverage, slapped the steak on the grill and prepared to chow down! I have a pic, so it did happen.

Stats and too many pictures..............again.
   Start temp.                   86°f/30°c
   Highest temp.              107°f/42°c
   Home.                            75°f/24°c

Total distance 322mi/518kms
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 03:23:45 am by jgger »
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Online newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
Jim
You are funny.....another layer because it was cooling down to 97°.
I can only handle the 107° with the Phase Change Vest.
Definitely a good day but Eeyore is definitely set up for long day rides like my goldwing is for eating miles. Back in the late 1970s when I was still full of piss and vinegar I did 1 day of 19 hours/900 miles on my K6, but not these days. I have to be on the goldwing to do 500 mile days because of my back. I'm thankful to get 200 mile days on my fun K5.
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
Nice ride Jim!  322 miles, wow, it would take me all day to cover that much ground on crooked back roads.   ;)

Offline jgger

• Master
Stu, I do take breaks, riding alone makes it so much easier. I think this is my longest ride to date.

Dennis it did take all day. I left at 11a.m. and got home around 9 p.m. Plus I think the majority was Desert hwy miles. I took 3 long stops, plus several picture stops..

As I was leaving Lucerne there was a tanker truck in front of me, my thermometer said 102 so as I passed him Eeyore matched the speedo and thermometer,  I didn't do that, it was Eeyore. 😁
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Jim, sounds like a fun day on the bike with good protein to keep your energy up. Be sure to rehydrate well, the heat dehydrates you way more than you realize.

Some people in extreme heat want a jacket be cause the body sweat is evaporating so fast the evaporative cooling gives them chills. I've never had that issue. My body seems r
to just want to raise core temp as I sweat and heart rate goes up and I head for heat exhaustion...so I have to take more breaks and hydrate and you are right, once you do AC sometimes it is really hard to go back in the heat.

Glad you are enjoying it. Only way I can ride in 105 and hotter is with frequent hydrating breaks and cooling down out of the sun. There are lots of sun shade products these days with one side having a silver reflective coating and they make a huge temp difference. I bought a sub umbrella and it really works well, has the storm venting near the top to vent heat or gusts of wind too so it makes a nice rain umbrella too.  15 f temp difference isn't uncommon. The direct sun really can make you heat up easily. I carry it in the car. I have a rectangle of it with guy lines attached and it is in the bike pannier is I have to stop and their is no shade I can tie it off to the bike and then extend it out to create a sun break...once the ground cools off some beneath it makes a nice respite... A couple collapsible fiberglass poles and few te t stakes are probably a good idea to pick up to add it to a bit of a survival pack on the bike. Half gallon of water or gallon isn't a bad idea to tote along when traveling in remote areas of the desert especially if cell service is spotty.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
#31 65 miles / 104 kilometers.

Left at 8:00am trying to beat the heat, but it was already 78F.  Got home around 9:30am and it was 85F feeling like 94F with the humidity.  Nice ride though, mostly empty roads.  Run over something small in the road as I was coming into West Liberty and it made quite the POP.  Must have been a rock or something as no tire puncture.  Would have just been my luck after fitting new Michelin Road 5 tires.

Took the NC700X for the ride.  I noticed the brake fluid looking a bit yellow.  Probable purge and replace with some fresh clear fluid later today...  looks like it's going to be too hot to do much work this afternoon.

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass
Ride #23, 69 miles.

I thought I was going to be riding down to Kerrville this morning, but my customer didn't like the price FedEx quoted me to ship his package, so I ended up at the Post Office in Fredericksburg instead.  Putted around afterwards in the hills to get over the 50-mile mark.  Lots of animals about.  Saw lots of deer this morning, and more sheep.  Evidently, sheep like to hang out in and around old barns, or at least this bunch does.

Wore one of my favorite t-shirts today.  No one ever gets it.

Nice ride Jim, you beat my longest ride this year by 10 miles.  You had a longer ride earlier this year, didn't you?

One more for 24!

Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline jgger

• Master
David, all good points. After spending 50 years in the construction trade, I have learned how to pace myself and recognize the danger signs.

I wore a base layer and tee shirt under my ventilated jacket. Plus having the windshield keeps the hot blast from sucking me dry. And of course lots of water.

Dennis, your 85° is honestly more brutal than my 104° because of the humidity. Being born and raised in arid So Cal anytime I encounter high humidity with high temps it is 8,9,10 YOURE OUT for me. You guys that have to deal with the humidity are alot tougher than this west coast sissy, don't be impressed by the temps I post!

Bud, if I had not gotten lost around Crestline we may have tied each other for distance! You are correct about me having maybe even 2 previous long rides. I think they were in the mid to high 200's, I would have to go back and check. At one time I started a log of miles and fuel used on my 24 in 24 adventure, but I think I put it in a "special" place, oh well.

Keep them comming guys, I dig reading all the stories.

Jim

Offline willbird

• Expert
Ride #23, 69 miles.

One more for 24!

Nice work :-).

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
I'm off for the week riding with the RE forum guys I went to Laconia with last year.

Ride #2  319 miles. We ducked into a hotel with our gear just before the sky darkened for what looks like an angry rainstorm here in Tully, New York.

Offline jgger

• Master
Awsome, Alan! Keep at it now, only 22 more, you can do it.

Offline Kelly E

• Geriatric Hooligan
  • Master
David, all good points. After spending 50 years in the construction trade, I have learned how to pace myself and recognize the danger signs.

I wore a base layer and tee shirt under my ventilated jacket. Plus having the windshield keeps the hot blast from sucking me dry. And of course lots of water.

Dennis, your 85° is honestly more brutal than my 104° because of the humidity. Being born and raised in arid So Cal anytime I encounter high humidity with high temps it is 8,9,10 YOURE OUT for me. You guys that have to deal with the humidity are alot tougher than this west coast sissy, don't be impressed by the temps I post!

Bud, if I had not gotten lost around Crestline we may have tied each other for distance! You are correct about me having maybe even 2 previous long rides. I think they were in the mid to high 200's, I would have to go back and check. At one time I started a log of miles and fuel used on my 24 in 24 adventure, but I think I put it in a "special" place, oh well.

Keep them comming guys, I dig reading all the stories.

Jim

My buddy and I always have an insulated bag in the right saddlebag of his FJR. We carry water, beef jerky and Powerade's on ice. When we open the saddlebag we pull the front corner of the insulated bag out so it drains into the now horizontal saddlebag lid. It fills it up with ice water and we use the ice water to cool off. It will fill up enough for both of us to soak our heads and bodies when we stop and again just before we leave. It brings the core temperature down. Our rule is you have to drink at least half of a Powerade at every stop if it's 90°F or hotter. The beef jerky is a protein shot to help stay alert.
My buddy worked the southern border for a dozen years on the Border Patrol before he transferred up here. He's trained in working during 100°+ days. We can ride all day and still be ready to eat dinner because we aren't dehydrated. We've been doing this for several years now and it works great.
Never Give Up - Never Surrender

The Rust Bros. Garage Collection
1974 Honda CB 550 K0                                            1971 MGB/GT
1975 Honda CB 400F Super Sport                          1972 MGB/GT
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD                                   1985 GMC S15
1978 Kawasaki KL 250
1980 Suzuki GS 1100E
1982 Honda CB 900F Super Sport
1983 Honda CB 1100F
1984 Honda VF 700S Sabre
1984 Honda VF 1000F Interceptor
1990 Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans
1994 Kawasaki Concours ZG 1000A9
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Online Kevin D

• Old Timer
  • SE Michigan
Wow! Heres budman, jgger and Terry in the homestretch. jgger and Alan coming off monster rides, Terry back with his BMW. Willbird on his new Honda. PeWe well on his way. lash back on his GL. BallAquatics headed for the stratosphere. 20 onboard counting gearsoup. Don’t turn around or you will miss something.
71 CB750 K1
104,000 miles
Original Owner
———past———
70 SL100/125/150
70 Candy BlueGreen CB 750 K0
————————————————-
Former Honda parts kid/counter kid/do all
—————————————————————-
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right
Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
Re: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.
« Reply #922 on: June 18, 2024, 12:31:57 pm »
#20.    164km
Cool and windy +17*C.
Not any kind of warming here, opposite;)

Another test ride! This time after wheel swapping front and rear on my brown K2.

Wheels with new tires I wrestled on last winter.
Michelin Classic Road, stock sizes.
Convenient with extra wheels for the new tires.
Wrestle one day, swap later on when needed.

The bike feels fine to ride again. A worn flat rear tire makes the rides boring.

Today to my bikes favourite drinking hole, Shell in Avesta 75 km away from home the nearest way.
Stopped for photos when riding to Norberg.

Propellers, there are several of them. Only a couple seen on photos.

No food stop this time. I started late after work and some shopping. Home just before 8pm.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 09:35:13 pm by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline willbird

• Expert
Wow! Heres budman, jgger and Terry in the homestretch. jgger and Alan coming off monster rides, Terry back with his BMW. Willbird on his new Honda. PeWe well on his way. lash back on his GL. BallAquatics headed for the stratosphere. 20 onboard counting gearsoup. Don’t turn around or you will miss something.

Kind of need to pace myself with the CB500X, called to schedule 600 mile service and the soonest avail is 6-28-2024, I have 430mi on the clock and it is a 30 mile ride over to the dealer. The service guy said the Honda extended warranty folks can be picky because in one case a guy went like 760 miles then later had the engine tie up at 20k miles and they went back and saw that 160 miles past first service and denied the warranty claim because of that. I did not buy the extended yet....I just have to commit before the initial 12 months are up. So I have a ration of 140 miles left until June 28th. had I known that I would have scheduled the service the day I bought the bike.

Bill

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
I took a while to rack up the first 500 on my Suzuki, I was getting reacclimated to being back in the bike having taken a few years off after tearing down one of my bikes to do preventative maintenance and then things got crazy and I was prepping to move across the country back to Tucson, bike didn't get put back together before the move and I picked up the VStrom in July and had them do the 500 mile service before I moved in mid October.
I ride about 4500 miles in 2022 and then put bike away in December and back issues abd done health issues and I didn't ride again for 18 months. Still in Physical Therapy working on lumbar back...
David- back in the desert SW!