Author Topic: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.  (Read 46105 times)

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
Re: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2024, 03:52:42 am »
That is very true of people. I'm not much of a fast food fan but it is a nice treat from time to time. Although I cannot say the same for pizza which isn't really that good for you either, I could probably eat pizza everyday and be happy LOL.

It is also one of the beautiful things about this forum that despite our political cultural and great geographical differences that we come together to enjoy these amazing classic Hondas together. A place where we mostly support each other's endeavors and offer helpful and useful advice.
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2024, 07:35:59 am »

From what I've heard ( not researched and co formed for myself ) their burgers are QA rejection from the same plants that produce Patties for Wendy's.  Not sure but I like them a lot better that the ole redhead anyways.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

I used to like Wendy's quite a bit.  I always liked their chili.  A few months back I stumbled on a Wendy's chili recipe online.  I made a batch and followed the recipe to the T.  It needed a lot more salt, which I added.  Other than that, it was too tomato-y, almost like spaghetti sauce.  Also, the recipe called for ground beef, which was too fine.  It always appeared to me that Wendy's broke up cooked hamburger patties and threw them in their chili.  For my second attempt I used half ground beef and half chili grinds, less tomato products and more seasoning.  I adjusted the ingredients even more for a third attempt and it was the closet to the real thing.  The nearest Wendy's is about 45 miles away.  At some point when I'm out for a ride I'm going to have to stop in and order some chili to refresh my memory.  It's been years.
Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2024, 08:38:32 am »

From what I've heard ( not researched and co formed for myself ) their burgers are QA rejection from the same plants that produce Patties for Wendy's.  Not sure but I like them a lot better that the ole redhead anyways.

I used to like Wendy's quite a bit.  I always liked their chili.  A few months back I stumbled on a Wendy's chili recipe online.  I made a batch and followed the recipe to the T.  It needed a lot more salt, which I added.  Other than that, it was too tomato-y, almost like spaghetti sauce.  Also, the recipe called for ground beef, which was too fine.  It always appeared to me that Wendy's broke up cooked hamburger patties and threw them in their chili.  For my second attempt I used half ground beef and half chili grinds, less tomato products and more seasoning.  I adjusted the ingredients even more for a third attempt and it was the closet to the real thing.  The nearest Wendy's is about 45 miles away.  At some point when I'm out for a ride I'm going to have to stop in and order some chili to refresh my memory.  It's been years.
For fast food I've always been Impressed with Wendy's chili.
I have a Rally's near me and that is my guilty summer please. It's right beside the flea market too.... ooooh they get me come summer time.

The ole lady hates when I take the kids with me to the flea market. Hard to tell what junk we will bring home

slow Progress 74 cb550.

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2024, 11:51:21 am »
Well Saturday turned out pretty good. After doing some between storm clean up the wife asked  " aren't you going for a ride?" To which I responded " ummmm, yeah" even though it wasn't in the plans. Being the faithful and obedient spouse that I am, I put # 6 in the books!

The weather was cooler and rain was expected by the evening and after a map and weather check I chose Crystal Lake which is in the San Gabriel mountains above Azusa. It is about a 30 mile run to get to the base of the mountian........then the fun begins. I got a few sprinkles on the freeway, but no rain. You gotta love the electric windshield on the FJR, when the faceshield started getting spotted, just hit the up button and you can see over the windshield and the water blows over the top of your helmet!

Anyhoo, the canyon follows the San Gabriel River  and is a nice ride from about 1800 ft/ 548 m elevation to just over 5000ft/ 1524m and passes 2 dams and reservoirs for some cool viewing. When I stopped to look at the 1st reservoir and dam ( Morris) I thoughti hit a gold mine as there was an envelope with money comming out of it! Turns out it was some fake $100 bills, that had me laughing pretty good at the obvious prank someone had set up. So I grabbed a handful of them and stuffed them in my pocket so I could prank my friends and family, might even use them to pay my grandkids for picking my tangerines!  As with any mountian ride you have to be on your toes  foe road hazards and there were a few and glad to say I had no issues. As I was approaching the general store at Crystal Lake this odd white stuff started showing up beside the road and my faceshield kept fogging up. It seems that Eeyore and I have hit a new low, checking the dash and it said 37° f/3°c for my coldest ride to date. The next order of business was a hearty meal 🙈🙉🙊 a cup of coffee and a u-turn and beat the rain home ( which I managed to do!) . All in all, a great day.

Stats
    Start time 1:00 pm
    Start temp 63°f/17°c
    Mid temp.  37°f/3°c
    End temp.  57°f/14°c
Total distance 153 mi/ 278kms  in 5 1/2 hours

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 12:34:16 pm by jgger »
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
    • https://vintage.dennisball.us
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2024, 12:56:24 pm »
Jim, you're killin it!!!  Very nice indeed.   8)

Was a nice day here as well.  Ride #4 60.2 miles 48F not a cloud in the sky.  Needed to check on Mom's place as she is down south and took the long way round.

Sorry no photos.  I almost stopped to take a photo of barren fields for as far as you could see, but thought better of it.  Still too cold in the wee hours of the morning to ride to work, but this week is looking promising for a couple more rides in the afternoon.  Hoping to have the CBX ready for a shake-down run by the end of the week.  Fingers crossed   ;)
Dennis...  74 CB550  79 CBX  82 Seca Turbo  2011 CBR  2012 NC700X

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2024, 01:15:25 pm »
Looking good Dennis,  it's a lot easier in California.  Being you're in Ohho you are doing pretty good yourself.  Can't wait to read about the CBX, keep up the good work.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline bluezboy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2024, 01:34:31 pm »
I finally took a real ride to start my year, I managed to squeeze in 80 miles with Pandora. Sorry about no photos, I was fighting traffic here in Atlanta before I could get to the countryside, then I opened her up and only stopped for lights and stop signs. I'll post photos next time!

Offline Kevin D

• Old Timer
  • SE Michigan
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2024, 01:43:44 pm »
bluezboy, nice start

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Fame and Glory follows!
71 CB750 K1
104,000 miles
Original Owner
———past———
70 SL100/125/150
70 Candy BlueGreen CB 750 K0
————————————————-
Former Honda parts kid/counter kid/do all
—————————————————————-
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right
Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration

Offline bluezboy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2024, 02:26:05 pm »
bluezboy, nice start

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Fame and Glory follows!

Thank you for ride tally!

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2024, 02:29:45 pm »
Good to see more joining in. Welcome aboard Bluezboy.

It has been many years since I have been ti Atlanta,  I don't think I would enjoy the "intown" traffic, but it sure is Purdy once you escape.

Offline bluezboy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2024, 04:55:37 am »
Good to see more joining in. Welcome aboard Bluezboy.

It has been many years since I have been ti Atlanta,  I don't think I would enjoy the "intown" traffic, but it sure is Purdy once you escape.

Thank you, yes Georgia is a beautiful state to ride in. I am only about 90 minutes from the North Georgia Mountains, of course North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky have great back roads to get lost on. I do most of my riding on the flat lands east of Atlanta though because of time constraints but I do two or three out of state camping trips.

Offline Kevin D

• Old Timer
  • SE Michigan
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2024, 06:54:59 am »
Last time I passed through Atlanta I took advantage of the express lane and the HOV lane and I was able to set cruise control and motor by all the congestion on the 6 lane SB highway.
The surrounding countryside is gorgeous.
71 CB750 K1
104,000 miles
Original Owner
———past———
70 SL100/125/150
70 Candy BlueGreen CB 750 K0
————————————————-
Former Honda parts kid/counter kid/do all
—————————————————————-
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right
Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2024, 02:08:20 pm »
Meanwhile out here in So Calif we continue to have record rain, floods, and mud slides. Oh well hopefully it will bring some awsome wildflowers this year, then I will be able to show you guys what the desert looks like all dressed up!

I hope that whoever is getting a " warm" winter is taking advantage of it. I know I'm sure I got to get out and ride before all this started around here. I would be climbing the walls now if I had not had my last ride on the 3rd! We are supposed to have 3 or 4 more days of leaking sky.😡

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2024, 10:27:39 am »
I am starting to understand a little bit what you guys that have to deal with "riding season" go through!

BOO HOO HOO HOO!

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2024, 11:24:59 am »
I am starting to understand a little bit what you guys that have to deal with "riding season" go through!

BOO HOO HOO HOO!
First time I've seen my home town on a map in a while. Living on the oh KY border I'm originally from San Bernardino

slow Progress 74 cb550.

Offline lash

• Hot Shot
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2024, 01:03:40 pm »
My first one this year, 61 mi. At 0^C
Analog mind in a digital world..

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2024, 01:17:04 pm »
Welcome to the horde, lash! Looks pretty cold, is that O^C for Oklahoma city?

Gurp, if you came from San Berdo, then you are probably familiar with some of the places that I ride. How long has it been since you escaped Cal?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 10:32:34 am by jgger »

Offline lash

• Hot Shot
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:16 am »
0 degrees Celsius! +2 today and I’m going out on the Goldwing for a zip..

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2024, 10:31:26 am »

You're the MAN!

Offline lash

• Hot Shot
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2024, 01:11:16 pm »
Back from 100km on the wing, no pics though..so that’s two this year!

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2024, 02:22:17 pm »
Ride #5 today.  Temp got up to around mid 50's.  Just squeaked in at 50.2 miles.  Nothing note worth, just a quick loop around some state routes on the turbo.  No photos and no Google map as I turned off my phone when I went to the cancer center earlier and forgot to turn it back on until this evening...  I must be getting old 

At any rate, a great ride.  Blood work shows the treatments are working!

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2024, 04:59:28 pm »

Jeez! Impressed.

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2024, 04:35:37 am »

Jeez! Impressed.
Heated seat and grips with a big fairing make all the difference, add in the mix heated liners and you can be snug as a bug......

Welp it's a balmy early February morning here in southern NH at 23° F and going to be 44° F today.  Am I going to get a ride in ??? I thought about it yesterday 🤔 while the van thermometer showed 42° but the road was obscured as the truck went by billowing salt dust. Nope not until we get 3 days of good rain to wash the salt off the roads......so my 1st ride is still awaiting.....
Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be flying out to Vegas 
to see the family and then on to San Diego to empty my storage space to get outta Cali so maybe I'll get a friend's bike out for a ride while there before the drive back across the country 🙃 in a van.
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline jgger

• Master
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2024, 09:02:29 am »
Good start guys!

Lash, 100 kms at those temps would be scary to see what the wind chill was. I have to assume you have full heated gear, if not then WOW!

Dennis it sounds like you are having a warmer than normal winter. So far we are having a wetter than normal.i might be able to get out Saturday to see what has been torn up from this, what they are calling, atmospheric river.

Hey budman if you have a chance to ride, do it. This wet mess is leaving Cal and headed east, the maps look like it will be crossing the pan handle in a few days.

Stu, I forgot to add......if I had more than 1 bike I would offer you a ride. I'm only about an hour up the 15 frwy from San Diego.  Hope you get that first ride soon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:14:49 am by jgger »

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2024, 12:06:57 pm »
Ride #6 today, temps got up to 61 °F.  Not bad for February in Ohio!  59.8 miles for the ride, bike turned over 13000 total miles.  Was just taking it easy on the local back roads.  Clutch is still trying to free up and is pretty rattly.  Over-all, the bike runs great, didn't take it over 5K on the tack or 70mph.  The new rubber is grippy in the corners, but seems to wander a bit on the straights.  Might have been wind though, it was gusting pretty hard.

Might get in another ride as they are calling for showers this evening with temps getting close to 60 again tomorrow.  Snow and more normal temps coming back by Monday though.