Author Topic: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.  (Read 46223 times)

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Avatar is my 76 K6 in Colorado w/Cody on back 1980
WOW Kevin! Amazing.

Per yes Sean is still on his same K2/K4 as the Africa trip,

His blog

https://belfast2belfastbybike.com/2024/04/22/departures-3-and-4-19-april-2024/
Stu
Honda Parts manager in the mid 1970s Nashua Honda
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!
Project 750s, 2 K4, 2 K6, 1 K8
2008 GL1800 my daily ride and cross country runner

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB450 K7 after my friend returned...
New CB750 K5 Planet Blue, demise by ex cousin in law at 9,000 miles...
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....
1983 GL1100A, 1999 GL1500 SE, 1999 GL1500A

Offline PeWe

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bike almost back to the 70's 2015
Re: 24 Rides in 2024, Frank's New Years resolution that we can all enjoy.
« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2024, 01:05:06 pm »
#7  240km in good sunny weather.
I think it was 16 to 20*C.

Today started with kebab in bread at my favourite restaurant in Salbohed, a small village in the countryside with a road crossing bust beside. Nice biker roads in all directions. Very little traffic.

After the meal a long windling road to Avesta for refilling V-Power.

Took the longer way back home over Sala to Salbohed where I understood I was a little late.
I had promised my wife to be home to visit our son and help moving stuff.

From cruising in mostly 80-100kmh I let the throttles be lifted, the deep roaring 4-1 find the screaming tone at 6000-8000 rpm the 40km back home on windling country roads partly thru forests.
More cars to pass very quickly.
There are a few straits were I prefer to pass all slow going cars before the final red light were snails will make it impossible to pass the crossing while still green.

70-80kmh speed limits, my CB750 has no issues with 170-180kmh ;)
190kmh feel much faster when a  corner is flying into my face ;D

One curve I rather often had reached in 190kmh, reduced throttle to 160kmh feels so much safer.
Hopefully no car that will pop out from the houses in that corner!! ;D
The fork setting with springs, spacers and oil level have improved the stability after 170kmh. Stable tires too.

Here photos in order they were taken. Nice spring photos!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 01:07:52 pm by PeWe »
CB750 K6-76  970cc (Earlier 1005cc JMR Billet block on the shelf waiting for a comeback)
CB750 K2-75 Parts assembled to a stock K2

Updates of the CB750 K6 -1976
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180468.msg2092136.html#msg2092136
The billet block build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,49438.msg1863571.html#msg1863571
CB750 K2 -1975  build thread
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,168243.msg1948381.html#msg1948381
K2 engine build thread. For a complete CB750 -75
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,180088.msg2088008.html#msg2088008
Carb jetting, a long story Mikuni TMR32
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,179479.msg2104967.html#msg2104967

Offline jgger

• Master
Sweet ride Per, looks like you are getting all your stuck in the snow aggressions out! That kabob appears to be a much lighter meal than the burger and fries a few days ago.

Hope you don't get grounded for being late getting home.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Online RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Should be able to get good photos tonight. Get in darkest place you can and use your cellphone to photograph the sky, even if you cannot see it sometimes it is visible to your phone's camera. If you have a low light setting on your phone, use it. Even if you cannot get to dark sky's point your phone in darkest park of the sky not obstructed by clouds a d see if your phone can pick up the aurora. Even when partly cloudy if there is a bit of sky visible, then you will be rewarded with some color often. If you have a regular digital cameras then use long exposures in a tripod or setting on a surface to see if your camera can pick up the night time beauty.
David- back in the desert SW!

Online RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Looks like a lot of food, I can  no longer eat like that... 1/3 of that kebab would have stuffed me if not less...
2 plates of food? Or did all of the one plate go in the kebab?

Gorgeous shots Per, glad you had a good ride and enjoyed your time on the bike...

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
Great write up Stu and love the photos! Riding old Hondas always creates an adventure  8)
Cheers
Andy
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...
Great write up Stu and love the photos! Riding old Hondas always creates an adventure  8)
Cheers
Andy

👍😎
Stu
My current rides
1975 K5 Planet Blue my summer ride, it was a friend's bike I worked with at the Honda shop in 76, lots of fun to be on it again
1976 K6 Anteres Red rebuilding project, was originally my brother's that I set up from the crate, it'll breath again soon!

Prior bikes....
1972 Suzuki GT380 I had charge of it for a year in 1973 while my friend was deployed and learned to love street riding....
New CB750 K6 Anteres Red, to replace the totaled K5, I sold this K6 at 45k in 1983, I had heavily modified it, many great memories on it and have missed it greatly.....

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
    • https://vintage.dennisball.us
Took out the '74 CB550 for ride #20 today.  65+ miles of meandering.  Temps around 65F with lots of sunshine and blue sky.  Perfect for a Sunday ride.

I'm just about healed up from last week's mishap, but I'm not up to mounting tires just yet.  The little Honda is due for an oil change, I think I can manage that!

Lots of wild flowers around Cedar Bog although I don't have any idea what they are.....

Dennis...  74 CB550  79 CBX  82 Seca Turbo  2011 CBR  2012 NC700X

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline jgger

• Master
I find that meandering is the most direct route to tranquility.  Good job Dennis, now brush up on your botanical knowledge, there will be a test.😁
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 03:02:48 pm by jgger »
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
I find that meandering is the most direct r9ute to tranquility.  Good job Dennis, now brush up on your botanical knowledge, there will be a test.😁

Hahaha, that's great Jim.  Thanks for the well wishes and the laugh as well. It felt really good to be out on the bike.  I've got so much history with the 550 that it will probably be my last bike when all the others have gone.  It's been a bit neglected over the last few years, but when I take it out it just has that feel you only get with a good old and proper motorbike.  No electronic gadgets, marginal brakes, and not the best of handling, but it just has the feel.  I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

You will regret the bikes you DIDN'T buy much more than the ones you DID!!!  It's never too late to start a new adventure!

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass
I haven’t been able to ride since my cheeseburger run a couple of weeks ago.  I’ve either been busy or the weather has been too damp.

Hopefully that will change soon, ‘cause I’d like to take all these dog tags on their maiden voyages towards a Post Office.  I got them done today, along with lash’s “First In” award.

Kevin, they’ll be heading your way soon, minus one dog tag.  I’m going to aim for Tuesday.

Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline lash

• Hot Shot
First pic is 3 girls riding through the doughnut shops drive thru! Second is my first day out this year on the gold CB for #35 and 176 km. Ran pretty good considering it was gas from over the winter. Still not very warm here, only +16 c and cloudy with forecast rain tomorrow. Where is spring and warmer weather?
Analog mind in a digital world..

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
I haven’t been able to ride since my cheeseburger run a couple of weeks ago.  I’ve either been busy or the weather has been too damp.

Hopefully that will change soon, ‘cause I’d like to take all these dog tags on their maiden voyages towards a Post Office.  I got them done today, along with lash’s “First In” award.

Kevin, they’ll be heading your way soon, minus one dog tag.  I’m going to aim for Tuesday.

Budman how do I get one of these dogtags?
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass

Budman how do I get one of these dogtags?

Be one of the first 24 riders to hit 24 rides in 2024, then contact Kevin D and ask him to send you one.
Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline jgger

• Master
They look great bud,  thanks for your efforts...........now get out there and ride.

Offline Kevin D

• Old Timer
  • SE Michigan
That looks terrific Bud.
Thank you for your efforts and sharing your skills.
There are 16 participating now since Jake C, CBJoe, and Andy 750 joined.
I will keep a close eye on the mailbox.
Lash, that should matchup with your GoldWing pretty well.
71 CB750 K1
104,000 miles
Original Owner
———past———
70 SL100/125/150
70 Candy BlueGreen CB 750 K0
————————————————-
Former Honda parts kid/counter kid/do all
—————————————————————-
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right
Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration

Offline budman

• 1914X
  • Expert
    • LeCompte Electric Bass
#1 (better late than never) May 5th, 140miles

Did a nice ride on the Guzzi in the wilds of eastern Indiana.  Went from Indy to Metamora up to Connersville and back.  I forget how nice the backroads out far east are.  Found a few roads I amazingly haven't been on before and will be taking the Firebird out in near future for some fun cruising.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Joe, is that the same Guzzi you were on in CO, '17?
Bud

1973 CB750K3 Chopper
2021 Indian Scout

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
#3.  Took the GS up SH55 to Cascade for lunch with friends on their KLRs.  As typical when riding with others, I didn't take many photos so as not to irritate them with my constant stopping.  :D  I also didn't take a photo of the BLT I ate at Grandma's Restaurant that was woefully short on both B and T, and came with a paltry amount of fries.  The bill for the 3 of us came to $67 with tip.  Gad.

Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Online RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
Kevin and Budman and BallAquatics, et. al.,
Great photos and badges look great, hope to throw my hat in the ring soon, taking my car offline so bike has to fill in for few weeks while I chip away at the issues as I am able. In the meantime I will be putting a few qualifying rides if not the most interesting destinations and they will be facing some of Tucsons driving hazards…
Time has flown by since Frank’s death and there are times feeling like it has been slowly passing…funny how time seems to have that time dilation affect when things are going well but when we struggle time seems to slow.
Here in Tucson a steady supply of pollination has been occurring for a few months with a pretty wildflower season and various cactus have been blooming with Saguaros, the cactus with arms. That is native only to the Sonoran desert here in Arizona, a tiny bit of California, and Sonora Mexico. Had a coyote come hunting on my property this evening around 6 when I was getting back home from church and some shopping today for being able to survive working outside, shade …the ability to be out of the direct sun.

Hang in there, have safe rides, be patient and kind to others, always keep the head on a swivel to be aware of your surrounding…consider taking a break from electronic addiction of our phones and interact with others you don’t know in public more by striking up conversations with strangers, tell them some jokes or a funny story, or just show others more of our humanity in kindness and respect towards others making their day brighter.  Too many people have their guards up because people aren’t as kind or interacting with others, sometimes you can have a nice conversation  and you will enjoy that and they will. Maybe we can slowly spread that and many people need kindness shown to them, you might not realize what you did in that small act. When you laugh and smile good endorphins are released by our brain and other beneficial things happen.  Your gut health they are finding even influences so much of your emotional, mental, and physical health… seeing Per, posts with his rides and food…love seeing the variety that the sandwiches and food there in Sweden, that shops are including small salads with the plates of other things like a burger, and the variety of vegetables in the sandwiches. That helps your gut, feeding your body and the good bacteria in your gut that has 70% or more of your immune system. Junk food and highly processed foods rob your bodies of things that help your gut health and feed the bad bacteria that is also in your gut.
So, we ride to help feed our love of riding and feed our passion in life, be it by riding or by wrenching. If you ride to be healthy mentally, then do other simple things to be healthy and work towards being healthy. Long rides require us to develop more core strength, that is good for your health too!

Be safe, be kind, have fun riding more…anyone who interacted with Frank saw what a kind person he was, clever and he enjoyed his family and his friends and even of us he never met he showed kindness to us not even knowing us or having met us, he took time for others. Love the photos from the Dolores Colorado get together where Frank came to and he pitched in helping tune a bike or two and fix a bike or two. Ask anyone who had the pleasure to interact with Frank or watch him interact with others. There was a kindness he had and his smile was great…he made you feel better.

Good luck (if you believe in the construct of luck), peace…
David

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
Time has flown by since Frank’s death and there are times feeling like it has been slowly passing…funny how time seems to have that time dilation affect when things are going well but when we struggle time seems to slow.

Hi David.  Einstein determined that time is relative—in other words, the rate at which time passes depends on your frame of reference.

Two friends go to an event, one loves it the other hates it.  For the one who loves it, time simply flies by.  For the one who hates it, the 3 hours of the event seems to take forever.  They sat side by side the whole time and yet the time spent seemed different for both of them!

Take care, and ride safe!

Offline newday777

• Really Old Timer ...

Hi David.  Einstein determined that time is relative—in other words, the rate at which time passes depends on your frame of reference.

Two friends go to an event, one loves it the other hates it.  For the one who loves it, time simply flies by.  For the one who hates it, the 3 hours of the event seems to take forever.  They sat side by side the whole time and yet the time spent seemed different for both of them!

100%

Perspective and Outlook
Stu
My current rides

Prior bikes....

Offline lash

• Hot Shot
That looks terrific Bud.
Thank you for your efforts and sharing your skills.
There are 16 participating now since Jake C, CBJoe, and Andy 750 joined.
I will keep a close eye on the mailbox.
Lash, that should matchup with your GoldWing pretty well.
I think that plaque is going up on my garage wall so I don’t scratch it!

Offline lash

• Hot Shot

Also applies to riding somewhere and then driving to the same place in a car. Car takes much longer even at the same speed.

Offline BallAquatics

• Hot Shot
Also applies to riding somewhere and then driving to the same place in a car. Car takes much longer even at the same speed.

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.   ;)

Offline BenelliSEI

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1969 cb750
Stu/ PeWe……. That bikes is in my garage! Sean made it here yesterday and when I pulled out a world map and he traced out his travels, I was totally stunned…. His travel distances and stories easily rival anything else I’ve read or heard! So glad we’ve met! Pissing down rain today, so we may have a “shop day”. More pics later.