Author Topic: Looking for quality machine shop  (Read 315 times)

Offline twentyover

Looking for quality machine shop
« on: May 17, 2024, 01:09:12 pm »
I am ever so slowly working on a hot rodded CB650 to go into a CB550 frame. Have a Reick head and dynoman 670 kit, looking for a machne shop to bore the block for the 670 kit

I live in kinda a machine shop desert. To me the sticks are civilization, living off a US highway in the Cascade mountains of northern Washington state. Six miles to the nearest gas station, 20 miles to the closest grocery store, 40 miles to a Home Depot. I'm sure others of you are more remote, but I've been a city boy all my life and this feels like REALLY boondocks. The trees and the snow do make up for it

So the detail of the request is, can someone make reccomendation of a motorcycle machine shop doing quality work that can open up the bores?. I kinda know I may need to wait, and that's OK, but if I can make progress slowly, at least it's progress. Posting the deal to the machine shop is OK, it doesn't need to be near me (Wenatchee WA.) I am moving between SoCal and WA, so's if the machine shp was along I5, I could take a small diversion to drop off or pickup if that was required. I am also retired, so if I needed to drive a ways to D/O or P/U, still OK

The CB550 in 1980 was my first non-enduro bike. Followed by a CB750F, XV920RH, Laverda Zeta, Cagiva Ala Azzurra, a long layoff from riding, and now a 900 Monster. Oddly, I still have the 550, the Zeta, and the Ala Azzurra rotting down in the barn. My interests lie w/ older sport/touring bikes, and the 550 was purchased after reading the article "Gentleman's Express" in Cycle magazine from back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Put a 590 Yoshimura kit innit and ran a Kerker (Alternate username was "Loves my Kerker".) That motor will need to get unstuck at some point in time....

Thanks in advance for your help

Mo' later

« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 01:15:00 pm by twentyover »

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
Re: Looking for quality machine shop
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 09:49:59 am »
Postage is postage............I use Millemium Technologies in Plymouth, WI..............send your pistons along so each bore can be matched to the poston........they will be marked upon return :)
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 10:42:29 am »
Postage is postage............I use Millemium Technologies in Plymouth, WI..............send your pistons along so each bore can be matched to the poston........they will be marked upon return :)
That's who I was going to recommend. They did all my billet block work. ;)
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline twentyover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 12:12:11 pm »
Thanks Scrambler, & Mike. Just need to get my s..t organized and get the parts sent off