Author Topic: Old TV commercial  (Read 229 times)

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Old TV commercial
« on: May 11, 2024, 07:37:10 pm »
I was remembering the horrific windstorm I rode through on the second relay, on the way to picking up Lefty from Mooshie, 12 years ago. There was a stretch of two lane highway where the cross-wind was 45-55 MPH, and the speed limit was 65 MPH. Whenever a semi went by going the opposite direction, there was a shock-wave of compressed air that hit me, lifting my helmet up and feeling like it was going to blow me backwards off the bike. It reminded me of a "sonic bazooka" toy that my cousin got for Christmas in the '60s. I found a commercial for the toy, staring Kurt Russell! I guess this is how Snake Pliskin got his start?? ;D
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: Old TV commercial
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 11:23:58 pm »
pretty ridiculous...all I can imagine is young dudes creepin around tryin to blow wind up some girls' skirts
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
Re: Old TV commercial
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 07:34:45 am »
pretty ridiculous...all I can imagine is young dudes creepin around tryin to blow wind up some girls' skirts

Or permanent hearing loss!!

"The Mattel Agent Zero M Sonic Blaster 5530 fires compressed air with a deafening blast. Our measurements top out at 157 dB–above a level that can do permanent damage to the hearing of an adult. We rate the toy Not Acceptable."
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........